Jewel Parking in NYC

Junebug08

Will be heading out on the Jewel in July from NYC. I was wondering how the parking is ? I know there is a parking garage by the pier but am concerned about there being enough parking spots. I plan on getting there early . Anyone have any experience with the parking ? :)

Parking is on the roof of the pier, it has never been reported to be sold out here on the boards. It is expensive but in line with parking in Manhattan. Note that the $30 a day paid up front when you enter included the 18.5% nyc sales tax on parking.

Couldn't find a good shot but:

From Pier 88 looking south at the Intrepid, bottom of picture you can see the cars on roof of Pier 88:

roof.jpg

Pulling out of 88 looking back at the piers you can see the cars:

pier88.jpg

parking is great ,very close to ship ,highway and a 2 minute drive to rockafeller center .i had reservations about parking there also but after my trip they are long gone .looking forward to my next time to park there.

Does anybody know if you can just park there for a few hours? and at what cost?

We're getting married on the Jewel and have non sailing guest who will be on the ship with us from 10AM - 3PM.

Will be heading out on the Jewel in July from NYC. I was wondering how the parking is ? I know there is a parking garage by the pier but am concerned about there being enough parking spots. I plan on getting there early . Anyone have any experience with the parking ? :)

if you go on the internet you will find parking garages from 8 to 15 dollars close to the pier .

Here is another view of the parking lot on top of the pier. You can just see the end of Norwegian's parking lot beyond the stern of Jewel. It is a carbon copy of Carnival's in the foreground (taken from Carnival Miracle, the ship you can see in the earlier poster's picture.)

4894448480_d9d621407c_b.jpg

1005P1050669 by WillieD13, on Flickr

Just don't park under a light stand, the gulls have no respect.

4913019468_49fcf96db8_b.jpg

9423P1060506 by WillieD13, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
is there a close cheaper parking options? I just cant stand 30$ a day thats insane.

going on ncl gem in august

Recently, the cheapest nearby reliable garage (in the Skyline Hotel on 10th Avenue) has been offering a rate of $25 per day with a coupon. Many posters here have opined that they didn't think the difference in price was sufficient to make up for the inconvenience of having to park several blocks from the pier. In the past this garage had offered discounts with their coupon in the $17 to $20 per day range, but not recently.

Parking in Manhattan is very expensive...you could easily pay $30 for a few hours, so many of us who are used to NY prices actually consider $30 per day to be pretty reasonable.

Here is another view of the parking lot on top of the pier. You can just see the end of Norwegian's parking lot beyond the stern of Jewel. It is a carbon copy of Carnival's in the foreground (taken from Carnival Miracle, the ship you can see in the earlier poster's picture.)

4894448480_d9d621407c_b.jpg

1005P1050669 by WillieD13, on Flickr

Just don't park under a light stand, the gulls have no respect.

4913019468_49fcf96db8_b.jpg

9423P1060506 by WillieD13, on Flickr

OUCH, that may be the best advice of the thread, no offense! Thank you! Glad I'm flying and can park at the airport!

if you go on the internet you will find parking garages from 8 to 15 dollars close to the pier .

Could you elaborate?

You'll find nothing currently as cheap as $8 to 15 per day for multi day parking close to the pier. Cheapest is $20 close to the pier, and that is a non-guaranteed rate per bestparking.com . Current cheapest guaranteed rate close to the pier is $25 per day at the garage in the Skyline Hotel on 10th Ave and 49th St.

Traveling from Philly to NYC for our cruise on Jewel in Sept.

I received pretty good directions to pier, but could someone tell me what pier the Jewel leaves from? is there an address I need to input into my cars navigator? Is navigating from NYC roads to parking at pier pretty good? I dread the thought of possibly getting lost during our first time driving to NYC. Any assistance, hints or recommendations would be appreciated.

Traveling from Philly to NYC for our cruise on Jewel in Sept.

I received pretty good directions to pier, but could someone tell me what pier the Jewel leaves from? is there an address I need to input into my cars navigator? Is navigating from NYC roads to parking at pier pretty good? I dread the thought of possibly getting lost during our first time driving to NYC. Any assistance, hints or recommendations would be appreciated.

Use 711 12th Ave for your GPS. I've given you detailed information on the cruise terminal complex on another thread.

FYI...sometimes GPS doesn't work very well in Manhattan because the signals can be blocked by all the densely packed tall buildings.

Archived