Lousy Dance Music in G32

hcrane

Try "Michelle" as a Rumba, it would work over here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWVKQoRXhk........

It wouldn't work in the UK or in the international latin sector. Lacks the latin rhythm and seems too fast. Our idea of the definitive rumba would be something like Besame Mucho, preferably danced with a scantilly-clad sultry vixen! (of the human species).

Foxy

My wife and I don't dance as much as we used to, but I still love to go and listen to the music and watch people having fun. I also like to watch people who are good dancers so I can be jealous. We like a varied music, mostly 60's-80's, but there is lots of great music from other decades. My wife loves Lady Gaga, I can do without.

very good opinion, I do remember a dark and stormy night in there with ship rolling and us lot all on the dance floor and no falling over :)

Yes, it was a dark and stormy night - seems we were all doing the "The Electric Slide" and missing the padded column too!

I had with me a CD with all the best rock'n'roll/jive hits of the 50s and 60s.

I asked him if he would play it. Suddenly, as if by magic, the floor was full of smiling couples all jiving and rock'n' rolling. The DJ couldn't believe it.

Foxy

Will bring a CD with The Richie Family's BRAZIL (Peanut Vendors) and EVITA (Eva's Theme) by Festival on my next voyage...

MacArthur Park - Richard Harris or Donna Summer?

Will bring a CD with The Richie Family's BRAZIL (Peanut Vendors) and EVITA (Eva's Theme) by Festival on my next voyage...

MacArthur Park - Richard Harris or Donna Summer?

Donna Summer, definitely and The Richie Family's The Best Disco In Town - now there's a blast from the past!

Donna Summer, definitely and The Richie Family's The Best Disco In Town - now there's a blast from the past!

Robin - I'll bring my MacBook along with lots of blank CDs so we can burn what we want on our Baltic cruise on the 14th of August!!! Tavares - Disco Inferno - Burn Baby Burn!!!

It wouldn't work in the UK or in the international latin sector. Lacks the latin rhythm and seems too fast. Our idea of the definitive rumba would be something like Besame Mucho, preferably danced with a scantilly-clad sultry vixen! (of the human species). Foxy
If the afore mentioned Vixen does a leg crawl, it's a Bolero!:D Besame Mucho is a Bolero here, our Rumbas are more uptempo than that. A proper leg crawl would make a Bishop kick out a stained glass window!:eek: Of course I wouldn't know a vixen from Adam's off Ox, but this one might do!:D

http://www.rounddancing.net/dance/articles/photoessay/legcrawlphoto.html

Michelle isn't played as a Rumba except perhaps on our Dancing With Stars programs where you get to dance a Tango to the German Chicken Dance.:eek:

Can you Rumba to it, yes you can, but why would you want to!

As an interesting aside, I've never met a DJ yet that could dance a lick!:mad:

They love their music, but haven't a clue as to the relationship between music and dance.

but haven't a clue as to the relationship between music and dance.

Stick around cruise ships Tex and you'll see a lot of dancers with the same problem.

A Terpsichoreally Challenged Gari.

The one eyed man is king.

Stick around cruise ships Tex and you'll see a lot of dancers with the same problem. A Terpsichoreally Challenged Gari.
I know those couples Gari, and will personally encourage them to dance; for as I point out, they are dancing for each other, they are not dancing for me!:)

This is something I do a lot at our Ballroom clubs as the couples range from beginners to competitors.

There are some advantages to knowing how to dance even if it isn't all that well.

It does get you a "leg up" on occasion (see the afore mentioned leg crawl).:D

The only cruise where I've actually seen people falling down was on the old Norwegian Wind on a leg down to Fanning Island from Hawaii in the North Pacific. The wave action combined with a poor floor high in the stern had some unexpected results for a lot of pretty good dancers.

.....As an interesting aside, I've never met a DJ yet that could dance a lick!:mad:

They love their music, but haven't a clue as to the relationship between music and dance.

That's very true, and applies equally to the U.K. If they are accomplished dancers they don't waste their nights playing music!

Foxy

Archived