Self Embarking - Canadian Citizen

poffles

I read somewhere in passing that Carnival has self embarkation but that it is only for US Citizens. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone not US Citizen that has been able to do this?

We did this on NCL on our recent cruise and loved it. I hate having to put the luggage out the night before and then having to find it among the many others in the morning after you get off the ship.

I read somewhere in passing that Carnival has self embarkation but that it is only for US Citizens. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone not US Citizen that has been able to do this?

We did this on NCL on our recent cruise and loved it. I hate having to put the luggage out the night before and then having to find it among the many others in the morning after you get off the ship.

Are you getiing on or off the ship? Luggage gets put out when debarking.;)

After the ship gets cleared, you can go. Non-US will be cleared either onboard (at or before 6:30a) or in port.

Self debark can occur at any time. We usually wait to be the last off, dragging our luggage.

We also did self disembarkation but on the Glory in May.. We were a group of 6 Canadians and we found that the non-US customs line was much much shorter than the US citizens line. We got off the ship very quickly and had no problems

We have done self disembarkation on all our cruises and cruise lines. Being Canadian found the lines to customs clear sailing. Each and every time we were off the ship and ready for our return home or whatever by 7AM - no crowds for shuttles, taxis, etc. Latest was done December 2010 on 3 Carnival cruises. We go this route every time and this December on Carnival Freedom, Valor and Imagination as well. ;) Enjoy your cruise.

Hmmm, I could save a lot of money with self embarkation.

LOL ... yes self embarkation would be nice. Disembarkation oops.

So glad we can do this, it seems like a no brainer unless you have a lot of luggage.

Archived