Crown Princess Stateroom Help

Mikesa1721

Greetings All!!

First I would like to say that I have found the information on this board very helpful when deciding which cruise to book for my girlfriends 40th birthday. After reading hundreds of posts regarding the different cruise lines I decided to sail with Princess for the first time.

It's been a while since I last cruised with Carnival but this is my girlfriends first cruise and I would like to make this cruise as memorable for her as I can.

I have a few questions regarding my stateroom. I am currently booked in a balcony room on the Baja deck, (BE) room 722, which puts me port side aft.

I would like to know how much motion or noise we might expect being aft. The booking agent told me mid-ship is the best and aft would be 2nd best, for motion at least. Secondly, we are sailing for 14 days doing the southern and western Caribbean. I would like to wake up in the morning and see the port which is why I requested a port side stateroom but the booking agent told me the ship doesn't always dock in port that way. While I still have time to change my stateroom I again, would like to hear from past cruisers that have travelled to these ports of call. Thank You in advance for any input.

Hi There

Welcome, first do not worry about what side your cabin is on,

have been to ports, were we have tendered, docked one way and then the next time the other so do not let this item concern you.

Aft should have less movement but there is never that much, might be a little ship noise, but remember you are on a ship so there will be a little bit of movement and a bit of creaking etc.

yours Shogun

As Shogun says, you can dock on either the port or starboard side, there's no knowing. In any case, if you wake up in the morning and the ship has ties up on your side, you'll probably only see a boring dockside anyway. Ships tend to dock very early, so the best way of getting a view of the port is to get up early and go up top as the ship is sailing in.

I have sailed on the Crown a couple of times think you picked a good location. Your TA is right, midship is the best followed by aft in terms of movement. However, you should not be in particularly rough waters so think you won't notice too much movement at all while in your room, depending on when you go.

We always choose port side as well if we have a choice -- even if it is an inside cabin. Don't know why...we just do, but as your TA said, sometimes the dock is on port side, sometimes starboard side. One cool thing is you can always watch the ship pulling into port on your tv - handy for those times we are in an inside cabin.

There might be a slight vibration in the aft rooms and you may hear the thrusters when pulling in / out of port back there more than midship -- but it is only a 5 minute thing. You are not far from the aft pool and can pop into the Caribe Cafe quite nicely from your location. Enjoy your trip!!

Thank You all for your replies. I've read many different reviews and opinions about this location vary. I opted for the upgrade if one becomes available so for now I am aft but that could change I guess.

Archived