Can l stay on board

chirpy007

On RCI you can pay to stay onboard on dis-embarkation day until late afternoon. Is it possible to do this on Princess as we have a really late flight and not sure what to do with ourselves or our luggage. I know l can store in a location in NY but just wondered if there was anything more straight forward ( apart from an excursion ).

Hi There

Where we have had Princess flights home Princess has allowed us to stay onboard very late.

Have been the last folks of a ship, fun watching all the new folks board, stayed on to 1.00pm and 3.00pm

Have stayed on board up to a few hours before sailing.

yours Shogun

Princess does not allow you to stay onboard until late, or pay for that option. The latest you will be able to stay will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:30-10:00 usually. Princess completely clears the ship before embarking the new passengers on the next voyage (on 99% of their cruises), and everyone must be off before that can take place.

There are some cruises that are targeted to those overseas in the UK that make different arrangements for certain cruises, such as those sailing out of Barbados or Papeete, to stay onboard most of the day on disembarkation, but NYC, nope, sorry, none that I have ever seen or heard of.

Hi Toto2Kansas,

Even when we got off in Barcelona, we were allowed to stay on until

1.00pm they gave us in transit cards so we could go ashore and

come back to the ship.

Barbados again we had in transit cards and could stay until 3.00pm

Same thing in Venice a few years ago we were able to meet new passengers.

US with zero count requirement, we have been last off as a group but did not reboard, in Ft L I think it was 11.00am

yours Shogun

Hi Toto2Kansas,

Even when we got off in Barcelona, we were allowed to stay on until

1.00pm they gave us in transit cards so we could go ashore and

come back to the ship.

US with zero count requirement, we have been last off as a group but did not reboard, in Ft L I think it was 11.00am

yours Shogun

As said, there are some cruises that have special arrangements for this when there are late flights. (we have seen it several times in Papeete as all of the flights leave out late, and also in Barbados when passengers flying home to the UK are on a charter flight). But I have never seen one from NYC. When you make a generalized statement like that to someone who is disembarking in NYC, at times they think they can make arrangements to stay onboard until late afternoon also. YES, there are some cruises that allow this, but I have never seen one that sailed from the USA that did. ;) I don't want some going on their cruise thinking they will be able to make these arrangements when disembarking in NYC.......when it is impossible to do.

Even when we got off in Barcelona, we were allowed to stay on until 1.00pm they gave us in transit cards so we could go ashore and come back to the ship.

Yes, but as Toto points out, those booking from the UK are "different" because you have purchased a special package that includes air, in-transit accommodations, etc. This does not apply to any passenger booking through Princess or a US TA, and telling US passengers they can do something that they can't is mis-leading. :( The only time I've ever seen this for US passengers was arriving in Manaus when the charter flight flying the previous passengers home wasn't leaving until late in the afternoon on the Princess charter. There are a few exceptions but most US passengers are not flown on a charter flight nor do we purchase a whole package. You can buy hotels and transfers but that's not as a package; you book each part separately.

Hi Pam

You and Toto2kansas are correct, one cruise line with so many different rules and ways of doing things.

yours Shogun

PS It is so nice being able to stay on so late makes last day so stressless.

American passenger arriving in New York on a Princess cruise -- NO!

Advantage to boarding passengers, unlike many other cruise lines, generally all cabins are available when boarding Princess cruises.

Archived