Beach Day

joyce&bob

I posted on the Cozumel site but no response. Hope someone here can give me some advise.

We are sailing 7/7 on Destiny with our 2 teenage grandkids (13 & 16). In Cozumel we were looking at booking the Stingray beach ship tour - but some of the reviews of the beach area were not favorable. What do you think? Also, if we decide to do this can we book off the ship???

Our other thought was to just go to a beach - is there a beach we could walk to or a short ride from the ship????

Thanks, from perplexed grandma.

I'd highly recommend Mr. Sancho's Beach Club or Nachi Cocum. The taxi fares to both locations are relatively inexpensive. Mr. Sancho's Beach Club is free to enter, and provides lounge chairs, tables, straw hut umbrellas over tables, water crafts in the ocean and swings / hammocks all at no charge. The food is great & inexpensive (love the guacamole). Drinks are fruity & tasty, and cheap as well.

Nacho Cocum is all inclusive. They allow so many guests on to the property at a time (I think 100 guests is the maximum). You can book this prior to your cruise. Lots of people love this location cause crowding is not an issue, everything is included in one price, and its beautiful.

We loved Chankanaab (sp?) national park in Cozumel. It's a short cab ride, and has a small admission fee, but it is well worth it. The snorkeling is wonderful, there are changing facilities (with lockers and showers), plenty of food and drinks, and even a small walk-through Mayan experience. We really felt SAFE there - even leaving our cameras and valuables on our chair while out snorkeling. And that alone is worth the price of admission.

Nachi Cocum is all inclusive. $49.pp in advance. It is not available through the cruise line, you must book separate. You book thru Island Marketing Ltd. Just google either of those and it will take you to the site. Your $49. includes all you can eat and drink. Two chairs/thatch hut umbrella and water floats. It does not however include snorkeling/parasailing etc. You must pay for those separately. Nachi is very remote and quite and relaxing. I would recommend it to adults; but if you have teenagers, I would recommend Mr. Sanchos instead. Mr. Sancho's offers more water toys for kiddos to play on.

Have fun.

With teenagers you might be better doing Paradise Beach, we did this back in December, very reasonable price and our kids 10 and 12 LOVED it.

The taxi ride for 4 was $13, chairs were $2 each and the wrist band to play on the inflatable water toys was $12 each, for this $12 you could also use the pool, kayaks, snorkel gear and life jackets. There are also showers and chaging rooms.

Drinks and food was very reasonable, a bucket of 5 beers was $16 and food was anything from $4 for an appetizer to $15 for a bigger meal.

We aslo found this beach had the best price for wave runners $60 for 30 minutes for 1 or 2 passengerscompared to the lowest price we had been quoted before this was $95 for 2 passengers. So my hubby rented one and each child got a 15 minute ride.

I compared this to all inclusives but for the amount we would drink and I only wanted to relax and not play on the toys this was a much cheaper option.

If you decide to do this do get there early (by 10:30 am) the day we were in port there were 6 other ships too, getting there early allowed us to pick a great spot with an umberella. Although it got busy it is a big enough area that we didnt feel crowded.

Google Paradise Beach Cozumel, lots of photos out there to have a look at.

Since it's on the topic, are there any beaches in Cozumel that you can book through Carnival, without having to take a cab, like a bus picks you up, and takes you there?

I am sure that a Carnival beach excursion would be available (look at excursion on the Carnival website) but you will certainly be paying a lot more than $13 and you will have to wait until they say it is time to return to the ship so if you want to come back earlier you are out of luck.

Since it's on the topic, are there any beaches in Cozumel that you can book through Carnival, without having to take a cab, like a bus picks you up, and takes you there?

Playa Mia Beach break - $74.94 oer adult, $59.95 per child :eek:

Archived