Triumph Riding high in the Mississippi

Deaf Dude

Just How High Is The Mississippi River ???

Gives you an idea of how high the River is when the cruise ship seems higher than the riverfront street car….

The tracks of the street car in this picture are at approximately 9-10 feet above MSL (mean sea-level), the river at this pointIs 16 feet above MSL ----

so, the bottom of this ship is 6-7 feet HIGHER than the Street Car tracks.

Triumph.jpg

Gives you an idea of how high the River is when the cruise ship seems higher than the riverfront street car….

The tracks of the street car in this picture are at approximately 9-10 feet above MSL (mean sea-level), the river at this pointIs 16 feet above MSL ----

Triumph.jpg

I know I think Nola are clear so okay!

The water in the river is now higher than it was in the pic. but it is going down now. I don't think it has affected any cruises. Years ago there was an electric cable that went from one side of the river to the other that caused problems for the conquest. they rerouted the cable under the river and now the wires are gone.

Triumph.jpg

I'll be on the same cruise :P

The water in the river is now higher than it was in the pic. but it is going down now. I don't think it has affected any cruises. Years ago there was an electric cable that went from one side of the river to the other that caused problems for the conquest. they rerouted the cable under the river and now the wires are gone.

Well but June 15 were down flooding so with ships be fine got in NOLA not worry!!:)

what is your angle of incidence?

Archived