Explorer, anything you can tell me??

Hello,

I tried looking on the post "everything Explorer" except it started in 2007, and I figured things may have changed since then, so I started backwards on the post, but they weren't really talking about the ship. So my question to you is:

Any particular food items for a "must try", or a nice area you enjoyed on the ship? Maybe a certain show that stood out? DH and I are looking for any recommendations at all for this ship? TIA:)

We were on the Ex in February 2011, the food was great, we ate at Portofino's quite often. The shows were good to excellent, but that is personal taste. The ice show was super. Your best bet is to read the member reviews, they will give you a personal insight as to how others did or did not enjoy their cruise.

mtlcpl91

Hello,

I tried looking on the post "everything Explorer" except it started in 2007, and I figured things may have changed since then, so I started backwards on the post, but they weren't really talking about the ship. So my question to you is:

Any particular food items for a "must try", or a nice area you enjoyed on the ship? Maybe a certain show that stood out? DH and I are looking for any recommendations at all for this ship? TIA:)

Did the EOS in 2009, and doing it again this month.

There were 20 of us, and there will be 20 this time.

So, needless to say, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Had absolutely no complaints or problems whatsoever.

The crew is great, and the MDR was a great experience every night, from the food, to the service, just fun times. As for the food, ask your waiter what he recommends, as he knows better than I.

Have you joined your roll call? Get to know some of the folks that are going on your cruise, maybe they have a meet and greet, a cabin crawl, or some other activities planned.

Been on EOS 3 times in last 2 years and booked again for April, 2012. Not my favorite ship but enjoy it. As others have stated the ice shows are great along with the sugar free Key Lime Pie. There's a great variety of activities on the Explorer. Be sure to go to the parades. They are fast and fun. We've never had any complaints. The staff is excellent and we've always enjoyed our cruises on EOS.

We were on The EOC just the past 2 weeks or so. Great ship and great ppl. you must try the sugar free deserts!!! so creamy and BTW you can order any amount you ...say you want to try another dessert order that too same with the main course try different foods etc. We had a table of 8 and we all did this and some were seasoned cruisers. As far as Portofino's I found it just all right, would I do it again ...not sure, I felt I got better service in the MDR and didn't have to pay extra for it. the food was good.

Try to catch a dodge ball game on the top deck ...fun just to watch, they had the crew VS the passengers etc too funny.

Also try and wait until the next to the last day to buy anything, pics etc as many times they discount it more to get the products sold. On the last night when it came time to put the luggage out your giving colored labels for the bags ...note the time for the color and # on the tag ... we were scheduled to leave the ship at 11:45 but I went down to the customer service desk and got a tag for a much earlier time ...if that's what you want to do. All in all I would sail this ship again .... good luck

Thanks all for replying. We do four cruises a year, although we have never been on the EOS we wanted the 'hot tips" for this ship. We are looking forward to the sugar free key lime pie!!! When I ask for tips about a ship, I was never disappointed with the recommendations I've received from others. Thank you for replying, and if anyone else has anything they could offer please do so. Looking forward to it. :)

Hello,

or a nice area you enjoyed on the ship?

My favorite place on any ship that has one is the Helipad. But, in my case, it's not during the day (which is lovely) or the evening (ditto). I love to go there after I've closed the Schooner Bar and all the party lights have gone out and all there is is the glow of the bridge and the flash of the ship's running lights and millions of millions of stars lighting up the sky. Occasionally, out in the distance, you can see the light of a distant ship. Is it another cruise ship? A tanker? A fishing trawler? Is there someone out sharing the beauty of the night with you?

I must down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,

Lunch in the main dinning room is a must! Awesome salad bar, been on Exp 3 time and heading back in 20 days and I can't wait to have that Bistro salad!! You choose they mix, endless possibilities.........enjoy

7320 - loved being on the "hump", so convenient!

Hi Sue- beautiful photos!! Where were you for sailaway? Looks like EXACTLY where i'd like us to be on August 4th- :)

Thanks,

Ellen

We, DW, DS and I are anxiously waiting to board Explorer for our third cruise on her. Beside the fact the we can drive to meet her, a real big plus, we have fallen in love with the ship and especially the crew and staff. Our previous sailings have been the 5 day to Bermuda, which we adore, but we are now venturing into the 10 day to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee. There are a fair amount of sea days (3 right off the bat) but we don't mind. We are fortunate to be sailing with friends, made on Explorer, and new friends as well.

We have sailed Legend of the Seas which was OK but a bit small for us, Freedom of the Seas which was fantastic and Oasis of the seas which was an unforgettable experience but we still call Explorer our ship.

If you would like to "look around" her a bit, go to CruisingwithRadio DOT com (remove the spaces and replace "DOT" with ".") for pictures and videos from all his cruises, at least 2 from Explorer.

I sincerely hope you like Explorer as much as we do.

Love the Promenade for choc. chip cookies or those little sandwiches --- and for people watching. Always fun.

The crew is excellent -- so friendly and they really go out of their way to please. My favorite ship. Vicki

Archived