What's the earliest to book return flight out of Seattle

lilkrz

I need to schedule my flights and what concerns me is the return segment out of Seattle on 9/18 sailing Sapphire Princess.

I can get a flight leaving at 11:55 a.m. or 3:05 p.m.. Of course I'd prefer the 11:55 a.m.

Not sure how close the airport is from the Port or what the normal time disembarking on Sapphire is. Anyone been on the Sapphire Princess sailing out of Seattle have any thoughts on time I'd get off the ship. Thanks

I need to schedule my flights and what concerns me is the return segment out of Seattle on 9/18 sailing Sapphire Princess.

I can get a flight leaving at 11:55 a.m. or 3:05 p.m.. Of course I'd prefer the 11:55 a.m.

Not sure how close the airport is from the Port or what the normal time disembarking on Sapphire is. Anyone been on the Sapphire Princess sailing out of Seattle have any thoughts on time I'd get off the ship. Thanks

You will have no problem catching the 11:55 am flight

and plenty of time to spare, airport is about 1/2 hour away

On the Princess website, it says flights home must depart no earlier than 11:25 a.m. on date of departure. My flight is at 11:35 a.m. I submitted the info in the independent air section of the cruise personalizer. It stated that my flight was validated and in concordance with our voyage.

I would have liked a little later flight, but that is the last SW flight from Seattle to Tampa on Saturday.

OK, I am going to share my experience with arriving at Pier 91 and catching a flight out of SeaTac. The ship arrived at 7am, we all followed the instructions for waiting in our appropriate area. That turned out to be the day the luggage handlers at the dock decided to sit down and stop working due to being ticked off about something. They just sat for more than an hour. Disembarkation did not begin until well after 10am. Those passengers trying to catch flights between 11am and noon were screwed. Thankfully we had booked a flight for around 1:30pm. This was not a problem caused by Princess. It was the union workers who take the luggage off the carts and put them in the baggage area of the terminal.

Moral of this story..........just realize that things happen and you just might miss that early flight........have a backup plan.

Also I lived in Washington State for about 20 years. There are days that security at SeaTac is backed up. It is one of my least favorite airports to fly out of. For me I would not book a flight before 1pm when I am getting off a cruise ship. I want my vacation to end on a high note rather than stressing about whether or not I am going to make my flight.

Archived