How last minute have you booked?

wezie

I am thinking of booking a 4 night Canada cruise but want to try to get a really good deal because I will be going on other vacations this year as well. How "last minute" do you think I can wait and how low do you think the price will actually go?

I booked the day of a cruise. Because of a hurricane the price had gone down. (almost missed the ship, so dont recommend waiting until the day of a cruise)

Rates usually will be dropped by no more than 8 days out if they are going to drop. You just have to watch until you see a rate you like. Look at the pack n go rates too.

Other than special circumstances, the prices arent going to drop drastically the last few days, they will already be dropping.

I booked a Pack & Go rate two weeks out, and two days later it was gone and the rate went up over $100 p/p. If you find a Pack & Go rate grab it. You won't always find them, if a cruise is selling they won't offer it. Then you just have to roll the dice. Look at the cruise you want and see how many cabins are left, if there are a lot, expect the price to drop (hopefully).

I booked a Pack & Go rate two weeks out, and two days later it was gone and the rate went up over $100 p/p. If you find a Pack & Go rate grab it. You won't always find them, if a cruise is selling they won't offer it. Then you just have to roll the dice. Look at the cruise you want and see how many cabins are left, if there are a lot, expect the price to drop (hopefully).

We are lucky pack n gos last from wednesday to friday, on rcl and celebrity their weekly sales last one day.

It says on the pack n go site the dates, and always ends on friday.

They dont have pack n go rates on weeks where monday is a holiday Iv noticed.

Pack & Go rates are a joke these days :rolleyes:

It's not Pack & Go , it's pack andPAY!!!

If you're booking a Pack & Go rate, it's no different than any other rate that is booked that close to sailing. They're all pay when you book after the final payment is due.

If you're booking a Pack & Go rate, it's no different than any other rate that is booked that close to sailing. They're all pay when you book after the final payment is due.

Im pretty sure when he says PAY, he means the pack n go rates are high $$$, as in, you really PAY. We've hit the peak summer season for the last minute rates .. and they are still higher than what Id be willing to pay.

What kinds of rates have people gotten in the fall when its a little less busy? Has anyone just taken a week off work and waited till a few days before to decide which cruise to sail? I could imagine this would be fun. Checking the rates every few hours a few days before sailing.

Don't some travel agencies book a large block of rooms? If so and they don't sell them off might they offer major discounts to recoup some of the costs?

We booked our cruise last year 12 days before the sailing. We got a pretty good rate, but not necessarily great. We did not do this on purpose- just decided last minute to take a trip for our anniversary. The rates went up a few days later.

Are the Pack-n-Go rates on a special site or are they on the reg. cruise website?

They are listed on the Carnival web site on Wednesdays under the "Special Offers" section.

We've booked, at the port, with luggage in hand a couple of times. Used to be GREAT bargains,,,,now,,,,,not so much! :mad:

"SKY"

Wow!! I wish I was that spontaneous. The closest I've booked any vacation was one week before we left and I thought that was crazy.

We've booked, at the port, with luggage in hand a couple of times. Used to be GREAT bargains,,,,now,,,,,not so much! :mad:

"SKY"

Now I hear you need to call Carnival to get booked .. even the day of a cruise. Ports used to have someone at the port you could call directly the day of a cruise and ask if they had any cabins. My PVP says she doesnt have any such phone numbers any more.

This is the only way that my Aunt goes. (We have a cruise planned for November & wanted to give her the OBC voucher, that is too far in advance for her.) I have no idea about the deals that she gets, but she is as tight as they come! (No drinks, no gambliing, no shopping, no spa treatments...)

Archived