***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

The dinner was good, none of the other people I knew were there so we left pretty much after we were done eating. Tired from all day walking.

My GS took the truck out for a drive and the clutch went out. So instead of leaving today as planed he got the stuff he needed to fix it and with the tools I had he has been working on it all day. He wants to leave tomorrow. I was afraid something like that would happen since it has been sitting so long. Even after having two different companies check it out that happened. But better here than 500 miles down the road!

Happy Birthday to you! I did have it wrote down in my book that today was your day!

Nice you will go and get the discount for dinner, Every year a little more discount!

Have fun tonight sounds like a nice evening.

Sharon

Sharon, so now your GS is headed back today after he had fixed the truck? He must be very talented to have the ability to do that. So how long will it be for him to dive home, something like 8 hours? I would think as long as he does not push it he should be OK. With that breaking down it was just that time to happen. There is no one who could have foreseen that happening. It was just luck that it happened before he actually got on the road.

So last night we had a real good time. This was a package deal for $48.00 you got dinner 2 wines and the show. So all in all I thought it was a great deal. We got home just before 11.

Today is a much better day as far as the weather goes. Today around here it could go to the 50's. I do not think we will get any rain until mid week.

So next weekend and for 2 weekends the guild we belong to is putting on a play called Cabaret the Musical. Bill is 1 of the producers.

Kathy

He worked on the truck all day and most of the night. Finished up at 4am. Then came in and slept for about 3 hours. We loaded up his dad's tools and tool chest and some other things that he could use. Good for me to get rid of them and good for him because he can use them. He just called a little while ago, just south of St Louis. It will take at least 14 hours, but he plans to stop at a motel and get a good nights sleep. He said he called his boss and told him he will not be in tomorrow.

It was a nice day, again though my heart is feeling very sad. Nice it have him here to talk to and eat with. Back to being lonely again now.

Going to zumba tomorrow, get a little exercise.

That was a really good deal you got for dinner drinks and a show!

Sharon

Sharon, wow that was such a very long time to be working on the truck. Also a very long drive as well. Good for him to be stopping and resting for the night and then getting up and finishing the drive tomorrow. He sounds like a real talented person.

Well it turned out to be a very nice day today as far as the weather goes. Rain forecast for the middle of the week. Maybe we have turned the corner as far as the weather goes.

It will feel good for you to get back to the Zumba classes tomorrow and to get back into the routine. What do you do the class 2 times per week?

Kathy

I do the Zumba class 4 times a week. There are more classes but each is $4. That doesn't sound like much but it adds up. And I think 4 times is enough for me anyway. Now that it seems to be getting nicer will add walking and biking to my exercise routine.

My GS called this morning, he got home just fine and is taking the day off to rest. Was glad to here there was no more trouble with the truck. It should last him a long time now only had 40,000 miles on it.

I didn't do anything outside today, had a dentist appmnt for cleaning at 2pm.

How was your birthday dinner?

Sharon

Sharon, we just about had the place to ourselves last night. It is always nice to go out and have someone else do the cooking.

I am glad to hear that your GS made it back home OK. As you said, he sounds like a person who knows how to take care of things, so it should last him a very long time.

I hope the weather has finally turned the corner and should be getting nice each and every day. I think today it could go to the 60's.

Wow I had no idea that you were doing the Zumba 4 days a week. I should say so that is more than enough to be doing that. Since the weather is getting better, then walking or ridding a bike will be an other good exercise.

So we sent back the new mattress that we bought and got our $1,000 back. So now Bill has gotten this new mattress that has gel memory foam. It has a 365 day trial. If we are not satisfied then we can have it picked up for free, and they delivered it for free. But even thou it has only been a couple of weeks, neither of us has had any back issues.

Kathy

Hello I hope you all remember me. My name is karen I got a bad virus all thru my computer and had to get another computer and had trouble getting loged back on . I missed this thread. You are both so much more active than I am it is inspiring to me. Is anyone still going to WW? If so I wonder how you like the new plan?

Kathy the reason I go so many times to Zumba is I have to have a reason to get out of bed, and if I didn't go I wouldn't talk to anyone or see anyone all day long.

Hope the new mattress keeps working out for you. Don't you wonder what they do with the used mattresses? That is quite a longtime for you to try it out, 365! My mattress is about 4 years old, I like it, comfy and a little soft. Don't like the hard ones.

It is very nice out today I stopped on the way home and bought some pansies. Got them planted in a pot on my front porch. Last year I had a bird make a nest on top of the porch lite well she is back and has made quite a mess again.

Hi Karen, I got a new computer, an HP all in one. Not because of a virus, just because it was time to upgrade. Still trying to get used to Windows 10.

I belong to WW and so does Kathy. I have lost too much weight and have been trying to put a few pounds back on. Today I was up 2# so will see if its still there tomorrow or not. I haven't really been following the plan like you are supposed to, not very hungry so just try to eat whatever sounds good at the time.

Glad to have you back!

Sharon

Hello I hope you all remember me. My name is karen I got a bad virus all thru my computer and had to get another computer and had trouble getting loged back on . I missed this thread. You are both so much more active than I am it is inspiring to me. Is anyone still going to WW? If so I wonder how you like the new plan?

Of course I remember you. Glad to have you back. I go to WW on Saturday morning, and I have not reached my goal just yet. I have been loosing some little by little, so I hope to keep that trend going.

Yes, we all have to be real careful on getting virus on our computer's.

Kathy

Sharon, they told us that they take them back to their warehouse, as there are folks who are in the market for used mattress. I know for sure I would never buy a used mattress. Whoever gets the one we sent back with get an almost brand new mattress at a fraction of the cost. Judging by the way our backs have been doing, tells us having a good mattress is so very important as well as getting a good nights rest. So Bill did real good in getting this mattress with such a long trial on it. Also we did not know how many different mattress places there are out there until you go looking for them.

Yes, perhaps we have finally turned the corner with this weather. It has been a real nice day today for a change.

Were you surprised to hear the news that Carson's is going out of business? I know I certainly was.

Enjoy this fine weather.

Kathy

Seems like all the old standby stores are having trouble because of everyone shopping on line. I like to go and try things on especially clothes and shoes. I ordered a bathing suit the other day and got it today, they said it ran true to size but it was too small so will send it back. Also had very high cut legs which I don't like.

Did the ballroom dance lesson again today, a couple of the really bad ones did not come back. We danced for 2 hours and my legs are tired. Especially after doing zumba this morning also. I have 10288 steps on my fitbit! Then I went over to see the girls, only one was there so I was glad I stopped. Just stayed 1/2 hr but got to see the owners and give them their birthday cards.

Was really nice out today!

Sharon

Sharon, I know around here it did not even come close to what they said it would be yesterday. In the morning it was 41 and in the afternoon it was only 48 with a very stiff wind that made it feel much colder. Today a totally different story as it is supposed to go to the 60's.

Wow, if I did what you did yesterday I would have been totally spent. You sure did a lot of things yesterday.

I never thought of that for a reason for Carson's closing. Like you I like to try things on at the store. I am really not big on ordering cloths on-line. But I would imagine that most stores are having the very same issue with people doing most of their orders on-line.

So this weekend we will be at our theater working and actually seeing the show on Saturday night. Friday and Saturday at 8 shows and on Sunday the show is at 2.

Enjoy this beautiful weather.

Kathy

Another really nice day today, I went to Zumba and then went swimming with one of the girls. Did the hot tub, steam room and swam. Now feel really relaxed but should go out and pick up the pine cones before I need to start cutting grass. They can get stuck in the belts and really mess things up. There are a lot of them because there are three of them along the front side of the driveway.

I got an estimate for doing the driveway, filling in the cracks and resurfacing it with that black stuff. It was $451 which didn't sound too bad so told them to go ahead and do it. They said would be in May but would let me know a couple of days ahead of time. It needed it last year but I put it off.

We don't get too much affect from the lake like you do, so unless the wind comes from the east its okay here.

Are you going to all of the shows over the weekend? Good Bill got involved in that sounds like a fun thing to do.

Sharon

Sharon, it was a real nice day yesterday. Today lots of sunshine but a real stiff wind out of the northeast, so it is much colder around here today. So you are right about the winds coming off the lake. The lake is still very cold.

Wow, that sounds like you had another complete day yesterday. Is this your first time in the pool? I think Bill will not open up the hot tub until sometime in May. Speaking of May the first day is next Tuesday. Bill is flying to Denver for the day on Wednesday to get things lined up for the 2019 convention.

So Bill is 1 of the producers for this upcoming play starting tonight. The play is Cabaret The Musical. So yes, we are working tonight as Bill runs split the pot and I do concessions. We will actually see the play tomorrow night. Then Sunday it is a matinee performance. Next week it runs again so we will do Friday and Saturday, but not Sunday. After the last performance they breakdown everything. So we do not get involved in that stuff.

So shortly you will be cutting the grass once again. We had ours cut last Tuesday. So how long do those pine cones fall? I am sure you are speaking from experience about those pine cones.

Kathy

This is actually the worst time for the pine cones, after this there will be a few but not many.

Went up to WW this morning, lost .4 so pretty good, staying steady. But coming home I stopped up town at a store and when I came out EYESIGHT was lit up on the dashboard. That is a program that controls a lot of functions in the car. I backed it out and there was no power steering. Somehow I got it straightened out and home and got out my car manual. It said call the dealer so I did. They sent a tow truck for it. I said that's going to be expensive but they said no it is covered. Actually last week on my way home from Madison I had stopped there to see what they would give me for my car on a new one. I didn't like the price so I left. So today I again talked to the guy and told him if he would take of $1000 I would take they new one. So much to my surprise he said okay. I got the best model with all the bells and whistles on it and the color that I wanted which was white. This one has a heated steering wheel and wiper blades like I thought my last one had but didn't.

I wanted to go uptown tonight to a thing that is gong on, but couldn't find anyone to go with so staying home. Kinda disappointed.

Sharon

Sharon, I have never heard of that system that is on your dashboard. But it was very lucky that you were able to get home OK and once home to have it towed. So now you were able to make a deal on a brand now one. What did you get a 2018 or a 2019? Also I have never heard of heated wiper blades before either. But it does make sense if your windshield is all iced up, then the heated blades would help to clear it away much faster. So I would say you did real good to get your car back home and then to get a brand new one as well.

Yes, I could understand about getting all of those pine cones picked up so it does not ruin your mower. Maybe over the next few weeks they will start to cut back and you will not have too many more to pick up again.

So this morning I went to WW and unlike you I gained .4. But I know what happened. I had too many chocolate martinis this past week. It was a rough week at work and that helps me along. Also this morning we went to a Boy Shout pancake breakfast.

But around here it is very windy and cold and blustery this morning. It is not a nice day for being outside today.

Last night we got home around 10:30. Tonight we will actually see the show, but it should be much later getting home as last night we left right after the intermission.

That sounds like a very good deal on your blacktop and putting down the tar. We have ours done every other year or once every 2 years. They want to wait for warmer weather and for the temps to get much warmer.

Kathy

Chocolate martinis sound good! Can't even remember when I had one last! Usually just have a vodka, cranberry, orange juice mixture. It was sunny and pretty out but cold today.

The car is a 2018, only had 5 miles on it. I usually like to get them with a couple of thousand on them so the price is lower, but he gave me a pretty good deal anyway. I like this car better, its white and pretty, the other one was a charcoal gray and I didn't really like it. It always looked dirty, from the salt and road grim.

Not much new today, just did some things around the house. Going to church tomorrow, haven't been for several weeks now.

Have nothing planned for tomorrow either. Maybe will go to the show.

Sharon

Sharon, I am glad that you were able to talk the salesman down $1000 to seal the deal for your new car. It is always nice to have that new car smell. Plus now you have piece of mind about your own personal safety.

Yes, agreed yesterday was just blustery cold with the high winds out of the northeast once again around here. We have bright sun today and I would expect a better day as far as the temps goes.

So last night we actually went in and saw the entire show. So due to the fact from seeing the show we did not get home until after 11:30. So this afternoon show is at 2, and from now on today, and next Friday and Saturday, we will leave just after the start of the second act. This show is a period play set in the 1930's Germany, and in a Kit Kat Klub and in and around Germany.

Today will be a fast day as I have to get things into gear and get there early as it is a 2 pm performance. I think we will get something to eat around there after we leave the theater so that will count for out dinner later on today.

Kathy

Did make it to church today, looks like they started a dinner club, once a month at different places. Since I hadn't been to church in 3 weeks missed the first one. The second one is on my birthday so not sure if I will go or not, might, nothing else planned.

Not feeling well today, back in the dumps again. This is getting pretty old, hate to feel this way, can't seem to find my way out.

Think I'll get a book and read for the rest of the afternoon.

Sounds fun going to the live show. I have heard of it.

Sharon

Sharon, that sounds like it will be a lot of fun going to different places for dinner each and every month. If nothing else, there should be good company.

So it is nice getting home today at 6 rather than 11:30. So now we are finished until next Friday and Saturday night. They had a very good crowd for today's performance. So we ate around there once we left shortly after the intermission.

Well around here it still did not get as warm as they said it would get. Only a high in the 50's. Last night it hit record lows around here. But I did hear that we are in store for a big warm up this week.

You have been good at doing puzzles as well. Start another and once you are finished I thought you once said you would donate them to a home of some sort.

Bill is going to Denver for the day on Wednesday. To try and get things set up for a hotel for the 2019 convention.

Kathy

Was all ready to go to Zumba this morning and the recreation center called they had cancelled the class because the sewer backed up. At least I got the call before I got all the way up there and found out! Was looking forward though to talking with some people. Didn't see anyone Friday, Sat or Sun.

So I drove back up to Janesville to give them the title and extra keys and floor mats to the car they took in trade.

I had a dentist appmnt this afternoon, had a small spot coming between my front teeth. Got it fixed even without Novocain! Then went over to a green house where I have been buying my snap dragons. Got a whole flat of them but will not plant them for a little while to make sure there will be no more frost.

Did you know that dancing with the stars starts tonight? Will be good to watch something kinda interesting.

Ir got very warm here today and supposed to get even warmer tomorrow.

Sharon

Sharon, supposed to be even warmer today, like in the mid 80's. I would think that we are totally safe now to be planting flowers with this warm spell. We went from winter to summer with no really in-between.

Well that was a good thing that they did call you before you went up to the class. I wonder how long it is going to take for them to fix the problem? But that was good that you were able to go to the dealer and to drop off the rest of the stuff on the trade in.

Wow, you are very brave to have the dental work done without having any nova-cane at all. I know I do not think that I could have done that.

Bill leaves tomorrow for Denver just for the day. He will take the very first plane out and return around 6:30.

Kathy

I usually want the dentist to numb me up even to look but he said he thought it was such a small spot we would try it first without and if needed added later. It never bothered me so got it done without.

The problem at the rec center was fixed so we were able to have our Zumba class this morning.

This afternoon I cut grass for 3 hours, wanted to get it all done before the rain starts tomorrow.

Dancing with the stars is only going to be on for a short time, was surprised they let 2 people go already!

That is a very quick trip Bill is doing tomorrow, hope he is not flying standby or it might not be so quick.

Will have my ballroom dancing class tomorrow night, kinda fun to do even though not enough men to dance with. The Wed night girls are going to go line dancing at a place on the other side of town. I am sorry to miss it, but am committed to this ballroom thing now.

Got a new phone and have been working on getting everything transferred over from the old one. Wish I had more tech knowledge would make it easier. Have to learn new things so I can get it to work now too. Had to put in all my contacts with phone numbers by hand could not get them to transfer. Did get my messages and pictures to transfer and that's good.

Sharon

Sharon, sorry I have been gone for a few days. Tuesday I had a rip roaring headache and I only worked 1/2 a day. I took off totally Wednesday. The jerk is back and these headaches have gotten worse. I am OK today but the last 2 days I was off and in bed.

Well that is good that you are enjoying the ballroom dancing. Even though these men really do not know how to dance. Also good that they fixed the problem so you can continue Zumba.

Yes, Bill flew stand-by, he has so much seniority that he is the first one getting called with all of the other stand-byes. However with all of the storms on Wednesday he really had problems getting home. The plane was really delayed and it got tossed around as well. What he says, if he cannot get first class then an exit row or bulk head is just as good, and that is what he got.

Wow you are very lucky with the dentist as I am like you where I need something to take the edge off the work being done.

I just knew that when DWS is on that you will be watching it somehow.

So tonight once I get home from work we will leave for the play and leave after the intermission as well for tomorrow. Sunday we will not go. I have a MS walk on Sunday as my son has MS.

Well back to the cutting of the grass once again. Be real careful as I saw on the news that ticks are going to be real bad this year.

Kathy