***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Too bad about your friend, you just never know when its going to happen to you!

The other company did not get back to me and then I got a call from the first company that said they would do it on Monday. So I will let them because I really want to get it done.

I et both mowers serviced at the beginning of the year. It is the newer one that is having the trouble. I used the new one for around the house close by and the old one for the fields since the weeds are tougher to cut and I didn't want to dull the blade on the newer one. The old one is a lot heavier too so it goes up hills much better than the new one.

They had Model A days up in Sharon, Wisconsin today. I went for a while after church, always surprising how many are still around. They also had some young girls dressed up as flappers that did the Charleston. And a staged bank robbery with the cops coming to the rescue in their Model A coupe. They always do it up very nice and get a great crowd.

Going up to the Moose in a bit to wait for the fireworks to start. A while a go the road was closed, accident between a motorcycle and car. The flight for life helicopter flew in to pick up the motorcyclist. Some one said he was already DOA, hope that is not the case.

It got pretty cold out now with the wind,

Sharon

Sharon, so you have a town named after you in WI. I have never heard of that town before. But it does sound like the town really puts on a good display and I agree that there are so many Model A's still around. All in all it sounded like a good day out and about.

Too bad about the accident. Whenever a car and a motor cycle collide, most of the time the car will win out over the cycle.

So I do hope that they came today to do your driveway. So did you do the very same thing as the last time they were supposed to come and park your car across the road? At least it is a good day as far as the weather to be doing it. Did they ever give you a reason why they did not came the last time?

Yes, it did really cool off last night, and it is not all that hot today even. At least we have given our A/C a rest for a few days now.

That does not seem right that the newer mower should be crapping out on you. I guess it would make sense to get a brand new one versus putting in a lot of money to fix this one. You need something that can do the job for you and something you can depend on.

Kathy

They finally did come today to do the driveway. It was about 3 o'clock and I was thinking they weren't coming again. They just left and its 20 to 6, so took them a while. Yes I parked across the road for the night. The reason they gave last time was they got behind and it was going to rain so they quit for the day.

My mower guy called with a price on fixing the mower. He said the parts would cost about $600+ and with the labor would be almost $800. He said he didn't think it was worth it but it was up to me. I said I agree with you, he also said I might get lucky and if the trans fluid does not all run out I could mow for quite a while yet, maybe even the whole summer, but doubtfully.

I got a little more weeding done today and a couple of plants planted. Still have lots to do. Trying to do a little each day.

Sharon

Sharon, another cool day and we will be giving the A/C a good rest. It is nice at night with the temps dropping down so making it a nice cool night for sleeping.

Well you just might get lucky with the mower and perhaps it will last the entire summer. Just keep checking the fluid level for the transmission and you might have the summer to mow. Than next year you can look into getting a new one.

Tomorrow is Bill's last day to work and then he will be off the rest of the summer. They will go back to school the middle of August. Then the first part of September we will go back to Saugatuck for the Labor Day weekend.

Well it was good that they finished the driveway. even thou it was kind of late for them to be finishing it. They must be very busy just the same.

Kathy

The driveway looks really good, glad they finally got it done!

I have been checking on insurance because they raised my rat3 so high with the new car. Wanted to keep both house and car with same company for the discount, but they keep asking all these questions that I don't know the answer to. Like how old is the roof. I told them it was on here when we moved in, they said if I don't know how old it is then they will have to make it so that it was put on when the house was built. But they are architectural shingles and they didn't even have them back then. Also if something happened to the roof they would only pay a little since they are saying the roof is so old. No way to find out, the building department said they do not issue permits to reroof. No one has ever asked that question before. I think they didn't even use those kind of shingles until 20 years ago.

Got to do something quick, insurance is due 6/13. Grrrr!

Bet Bill finds something for him to do over the summer, seems he doesn't like to sit still too long.

Sharon

Sharon

Sharon, we had the same issue a few years ago when we got new insurance and we called up the guy who put our roof on and it is the exact same roof as you have. So he gave us a certificate for our roof certifying when it was put on.Since Bill has a military background we went with USAA. You should check them out and it does not hurt to ask as it will not cost you anything since your Bill was in the military you should qualify for that discount.

It must feel good to finally have your driveway all finished. At least the weather has cooperated in having it done. Even though there was no rain in the forecast yesterday it started pouring in the afternoon for a bit. There is no rain in the forecast until tomorrow. So it should be a good night for bocce tonight.

So today is Bill's last day to work for the school year. He will go back to work around mid August. Yes, he does stay busy. His next project will be to power wash our front porch to strip the paint off and then he will put epoxy down as the plain paint does not work for only 1 year.

Kathy

Just this afternoon I went with Hartford Ins. I will check out USAA next time. Hartford gave me a really good car rat with the same coverage as State Farm for over $200 less. I had to make a decision since my insurance was due 6/13. The house is paid up till Dec but State Farm said they might go back and bill me for the discount they gave me if I took the car off the policy. So I did the house also with Hartford.

It was raining this morning and then again this afternoon but now the sun is out.

Tomorrow going on a bus trip to the Dells to see the play Happy Days.

Will go see the girls tonight, haven't heard if there is food so will eat before I go.

I had my deck done last year, power washed and stained. The stain is supposed to hold up for more years than paint. Will see, time will tell.

Good luck tonight!

Sharon

Sharon, good that you were able to get the insurance all complete and for $200 less. Some of these insurance companies really know how to screw with us all.

Yes, it was raining here as well yesterday during the afternoon for about 1/2 hour. It rally did not amount to anything where our games would be canceled. All in all it turned out to be a very nice night. So now we are the only team that has a perfect record with no losses. Now we are in first place. Also something that has never happened before to any team. On the very last throw from a team member and Bill scored double bocce. That gave us 4 points and enough to win.

So you are on a bus trip today to see a very good play. At least the weather is nice enough to be on a bus trip today. I would also think that you will get lunch as well. Enjoy and have a great time today.

I finally turned on our A/C once again once I got home last night. The 1 thing I cannot stand is to be heated up. I get real cranky when I am hot.

Kathy

I have my ac set to come on when it gets warm in here, otherwise it does not go on. That way I don't have to fool with it turning it on and off. I don't like it real hot either.

Yes we did have lunch but it was a stupid lunch! First they serves us a cup of chili then they gave us a hamburger and a plate of accessories like lettuce, cheese, pickle. So we had gr beef for both. Much too heavy a meal for lunch. Should have served us a salad and only one beef entre. The show was okay, would not really recommend it. Seem more amateurish than other ones I have seen. For dessert they gave us strawberry shortcake, but it hardly had any strawberries on it! All in all not a good meal.

Was surprised as how hot it got today, in the 80's, thought it was supposed to only be in the 70's all week. Luckily the grass has slowed down a little but will still probably have to cut it in a day or two. My legs have just now cleared up from the last time, last Friday when I cut the grass. Seems like its getting worse and lasting longer.

Not going to eat supper tonight still full from all that beef, lol! Maybe a snack before bed though.

Congratulations on being in first place, now if you can hold on!

Sharon

Sharon, I have ours set at a certain temp also, but when it got to the 40's a week ago I just turned it off. It is only a switch so no big deal. Yes, it did get into the 80's around here as well. But woke up this morning to heavy thunderstorm and much lightening. Very heavy downpours. A much needed rain. Our pond was down with water level. Bill just left it alone as he knew heavy rain was coming. So here it is.

Your grass will start to grow once again. It is too bad that your legs reacted to the dust and crap the way it did. That does not seem right to me. I guess you will have to keep a close eye on everything.

Usually you have a great deal of success with your bus trips. I am sorry to hear that the lunch and even the play was not up to where it should have been. I would not have eaten dinner either with what they served you for lunch.

One week from today we will have an instillation dinner at the theater group that we belong to. We are gradually pulling out as too much dissension and fighting at the monthly meetings. Bill got voted out and he is fine with that as we do not need to be around this kind of stuff. He says that at their monthly board meeting he and 1 lady who also left were the only one's who did not smoke and the rest of them just kept blowing smoke in their faces and all of them just kept drinking and drinking and Bill just did not fit into their mix.

Kathy

Oh, I bet his clothes smelled like smoke too, so glad they aren't allowed to smoke inside most places anymore.

Sometimes you just don't fit into a group and like you say, its best to just get out of it. I have some "used to be" friends that I didn't like their language or drinking so still cordial but don't do anything with them anymore.

Had rain here this morning but cleared up after noon. I cut the grass, it wasn't real long so it looks better, before I went out to cut I put some moisturizer cream on my legs. Was happy to see that they didn't get all red and blotchy. Will try that again next time and hopefully I have found a solution. I didn't start cutting until 4:30 and cut till 8pm. Still have one more section to mow but just might let it go another week and get it the next time.

I was down .8 at WW today, seems like it goes up a little and down a little. Still in the same range though.

Have no plans for the weekend, might go see Oceans 8, looks like a good movie, on Sunday.

Sharon

I was up.1 at WW. My lady frie nd was very upset that she gained a little she really tried. She gave up her can of beer daily even. lol . I am just going to do low carb. Our instructor is very motivational.

Sharon, the problem is when they have board meetings at the presidents house who smokes and he does what he want and does not consider how those who do not smoke. Then they all just drink the entire time they are there. Bill just does not fit into that kind of environment.

Yes, the same wit us yesterday as well as far as the rain. Today rained this morning all morning, and I heard Sunday as well. Good that you were able to get the grass cut and that you have found the solution to protecting your legs as well. It is cool here as well as far as the temp goes.

I saw something on TV about that show. It also looks like a very good show to see tomorrow. Seeing that show on Sunday I'll bet there will be a lot of people seeing that show as well.

Kathy

I was up.1 at WW. My lady frie nd was very upset that she gained a little she really tried. She gave up her can of beer daily even. lol . I am just going to do low carb. Our instructor is very motivational.

Well good for you, .1 is not too bad, and it sounds like you have a very good plan moving forward.

Kathy

I saw a real enjoyable move. The Book Club :cool:

I never go to a show. But I saw that movie a month ago with my friend and I really enjoyed seeing that movie.

Kathy

It helps to have a good leader, a lot of us just kind of like getting together, but we try to remember that we are there to lose weight, lol! Some lose right away and others seem to struggle week after week. So good you have a plan!

Yes the Book Club was funny.

Sharon

Well Kathy I hope I have found a solution to the leg rash, might know it wouldn't happen this time, since I have a dermatologist appmnt on Monday and could have showed her what happens. Hopefully it will work the next time too. Yesterday when I was mowing I noticed that the weld broke on one of the wheels on the deck. It is one of the back ones so still cuts pretty good. It is the mower I am going to have to replace anyway. Now looks like its just going to go ahead and fall apart.

i went out to weed a while ago and go really hot so came in to wait a little bit, maybe will cool off and I can get back at it. So many thistles and weeds looks awful and its right in the middle of the driveway., I have a circle driveway. Even working a little every day will take a week or more to get it cleaned out.

No plans for today or tonight

Sharon

Sharon, that is always the case when you want to show the Dr something. But hopefully you have found the solution and will not be bothered with it anymore.

We just got back from buying flowers. If we have storms tomorrow, then I do not know when I will get them planted. The next thing I need to do is to get mulch. I had my GK's come over a few days ago to pull weeds. I tried doing it before that and my back was hurting. So they came and helped me out.

I am not doing anything either and just going to cook on our new grill. Let my know how much you liked the show tomorrow.

Kathy

I was really tired last night, just sat there and watched TV all night.

Today went to early service at church then went to the show. I saw Oceans 8. It was good, lots of hocus pocus in robbing an expensive necklace. But it all came together and they got away with it.

Was going to pull more weeds when I got home but just didn't feel like it. Procrastinating is not a good thing when its only you who has to get things done! Maybe tomorrow.

It rained here this morning, haven't looked out to see if it started again or not.

Sharon

Sharon, poured all morning long around here. Now it has been drizzling all afternoon and it is still drizzling and it is even getting very foggy. Also kind of cool here as well.

Once I got home this afternoon I was kind of tired as well. So I laid down for a bit. I can never do that during the week. So it felt kind of good.

I would think that you will be watching the Tony awards on later on tonight. I will also peep in once it starts later on.

I heard earlier that movie broke all box office records. So it must have been good and I am glad you got out and enjoyed the show. I'll bet the theater had a lot of people watching it. As good as everyone was saying.

Kathy

No I didn't watch the Tony's not sure what they are for anyway. Get kind of tired of them giving each other awards for doing their jobs, lol

I went to Zumba then the skin dr's PA, she had a student PA working wither so first the student cane in and gave me a once over then the PA came in and did the same. Not really sure I liked the whole thing with the two of them. This is the first time I have seen her, usually go to the regular dr. My next appmnt is with the regular one. This time the gal zapped me two places on my forehead and once on my shoulder, all precancerous spots. I go again in four months.

Came home and changed clothes, went out and pulled weeds for hours. But...I got it done. Now the next time I will work on another area. Thinking of calling a landscape company to help with some of the work. It's getting to be too much for me. Maybe get it simplified somehow, more mulch than flowers or something.

I woke up at 4 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so got up early, not at 4 but at 6am. So i am tired tonight. My back hurts too from bending over so many times to get the weeds. Will have to take a generic Excedrin to be able to sleep.

Sharon

Sharon, I have been thinking that you should be getting estimates on the landscaping. I would get more than 1 so you can have a better idea on pricing. That is crazy that you spend so much time on doing that all. You should have some help. In the long run it would be much cheaper.

Well it is good that you are keeping up on things with your skin. It is important to be doing that as it does not take too long for things to get a hold on things and then it will be worse in the long run. But I agree why did they just come in together rather than separate. It does not make any sense at all. Bill and I both have Dr's appointments tomorrow for the same Dr. We will take the train downtown and go to see the internists.

My aunt from Oshkosh is coming for a visit this Thursday and going back on Sunday. We usually go and see her in September sometime. We stay away from that area when the EAA air show is going on in the later part of July.

Kathy

Found a good deal on a John Deere mower, they can't deliver it until the 30th so hope this one hold on till then. It is bigger and heavier with a 48 in cut, so should be able to do the job.

Had a good class at Zumba, we have been using 1 pound weights, not much weight but repeated moves make you start to feel it.

Just been taking it easy today, its been misting out off and on, very humid.

Signed up for the AARP defensive driving course tomorrow and Thursday, since I have the Hartford Ins. they said they would give me a discount, so might as well do it. I know your Bill taught the class not long ago.

Nice your aunt is coming, got to give her credit for driving down by herself.

Texted my GD about my GGS's bday, its July 2nd, but she is not having a party till the end of the month. Her husband is on call that week, works for electric company, and they are going to Gulf Shores the middle of July. So will wait to make reservations till I know for sure when it will be. I know it will be hot in Texas that tie of year.

Sharon

Sharon, what will you do with the old 1? John Deer is a good name, but like you said, hopefully the old 1 will hold up until the new 1 is delivered.

Bill is an AARP safe driving instructor and will be teaching the class a few times a month around here. Yes, 2 day class for 4 hours each day.

Well once they finally make the plans, it will be good for you to get away and see everyone for a few days.

For us around here it has been looking like rain but it never had rained thus far. For us temps only in the 70's.

Yes, my aunt usually drives herself. But this time she is not as her car most likely would not make the round trip. It is OK for local driving but not to come this way. So a nephew is driving her and going someplace and returning to drive her back on Sunday. Originally they were just driving her 1 way and I was going to look into renting a car for her to get back, but now that has all changed.

Kathy