Hotel in London

I am going on a Baltic cruise on the Jewel. I need a room in London. We are getting in late the night before the cruise and we were thinking we should stay by the Heathrow airport. An;y recommendations? We also are going to stay in London after the cruise. What areas are nice and reasonable?

Check out The Avni Hotel in London. Also check out Silver Fleet Cruise Ship Transfers to get to Harwich.

When is your cruise? We are on this cruise in 3 weeks.

Enjoy:)

There are plenty of hotels at Heathrow including the usual chains (Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, etc). Most have free shuttles from the terminals. As for London hotels, it depends entirely on what you want to see and do while you are there, eg, the usual tourist stuff, museums/galleries, shopping, etc. As with all major cities the closer to the centre you stay, the more you will pay.

Hi

I live just outside London and also organise many events using London hotels.

For a good value hotel at Heathrow I recommend the Crowne Plaza - book direct through their IGH hotels site (email me for a discount code!!). This hotel is a short Hoppa Bus ride from any of the terminals at £4 per person each way. Otherwise look for hotels along the Bath Road. These are on the airport complex and, as such, all public bus transport to them is totally free from the Heathrow Central Bus station.

Cheap options include Premier Inn etc or still good value are the Radisson Edwardian and the Renaissance or Park Inn.

If you are travelling out to Harwich by train then that departs from London Liverpool Street and a very good hotel not too far from that station is the Hoxton Hotel - check this one out on Tripadvisor.

Happy to help anyone re London or Harwich.- email Karenrayleigh@talktalk.net. I have also done the Jewel cruise and live in Essex which is not too far from Harwich either.

Karen

We stayed twice at Luna & Simone in London and were pleased with the price and service. It is 2 houses joined side by side. We had a good breakfast, included as well. It is very clean and the bus stops right in front. Free computer and wifi.

http://www.lunasimonehotel.com/

we always stay here now when we go to london. it is clean and central, close to westminster. victoria station is about a 10/15 min walk down belgrave road to the hotel but pimlico tube station is 5/10 min from the hotel in the other direction and much easier to navigate from :D

run by two brothers and their families, it is friendly and a joy to stay there. if you have walking issues or can't manage stairs request a room on the ground floors as the hotel has no liftn:)

Hi,

I travel through Heathrow a lot and thought I'd add my thoughts.

Firstly, most Heathrow hotels don't have free shuttles, you use the Hotel Hoppa bus service somebody previously mentioned which is £4 each way. I used this last week to get to the Crowne Plaza from terminal 5 and it took about 20 minutes each way, buses are between every 30 minutes off peak and every ten minutes at peak times, you need to factor this in to your journey times for all off site hotels. If you consider that it only takes 15 minutes to reach the centre of London on the Heathrow Express train, which run every 15minutes, travelling straight to London isn't any more time consuming.

If you land at either terminal 4 or 5 you should consider either the Hilton (T4) or Sofitel (T5). These are both attached to the terminals so are reached by a short walk. The are usually a bit more expensive that the remote hotels but when you factor in the convenience and the price of the hotel Hoppa it is often worth it. This is always my first choice if there is reasonably priced availability.

As already mentioned the Crowne Plaza often has excellent rates and is a good quality hotel. The Park Inn is also good value but the rooms are a bit shabby in my opinion. There are many, many hotels around Heathrow. As you're landing late and really just want somewhere to stay I would go for the most convenient.

We are getting in late the night before the cruise and we were thinking we should stay by the Heathrow airport. Any recommendations?
What time are you arriving at Heathrow? And what are your options for getting to the port the next day (and which port is it)?

Archived