I've read that you can bring 2 bottles of wine aboard with you, can you....

ekmmom

also bring on bottled water? On Hal, we just had to slap a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our room. Thanks for any info!

I am new to Celebrity so I did not know about the wine! Good to know I can bring both!

I am new to Celebrity so I did not know about the wine! Good to know I can bring both!

You may know this, but if you bring your own bottle to the dining room, there is a corkage fee (not sure, but I believe $25). No fee if you drink it in your cabin.

Celebrity allows guests to bring onboard (on embarkation day only), two bottles of wine (or champagne) per stateroom - not per person - for stateroom consumption. If the wine is brought to any restaurant or bar they charge a $25 per bottle corkage fee. No liquor or beer is allowed to be brought onboard and if wine is brought onboard during the cruise (from a port of call), they will hold it and deliver it to your stateroom on the last evening of the cruise.

On our last 3 cruises, we have had a wine tasting with people from our rollcall with the wine we brought with us. We had those on the rollcall who were interested give us their names and cabin number. Limited it to 30 since any more than that doesn't work. The Events Coordinator assigned us a lounge and time and she sent the invites to those on our list. She had wine glasses, ice buckets and some cheese set up for us. Everyone involved agreed it was a great time.

On our last 3 cruises, we have had a wine tasting with people from our rollcall with the wine we brought with us. We had those on the rollcall who were interested give us their names and cabin number. Limited it to 30 since any more than that doesn't work. The Events Coordinator assigned us a lounge and time and she sent the invites to those on our list. She had wine glasses, ice buckets and some cheese set up for us. Everyone involved agreed it was a great time.

Does it cost you anything to host this event (i.e. do they charge corkage fee?)

There was no corkage fee involved. We did the uncorking and pouring ourselves. I had planned on setting up our own time and place until I found out that the Events Coordinator would do it for us and send out invites so that I did not have to contact everyone. She even ordered our cheese from room service so that we did not have to pay. If it went through catering, there would have been a charge. These were all on Mercury. I assume it would be the same on all Celebrity ships.

Very cool idea.:)

Archived