Anyone booked private tours from Falmouth to Dunn's River Falls?

cruzlover

Would especially love to have input from anyone who has already gone on a tour and with whom. I'm wondering about time, traffic, etc.

We will be there on this wed. Nothing booked, We hope to find a deal at the port.

I will report back next week.

Just returned from a May 22 sailing and stop at Falmouth. We used Pete Taylor for a Dunn's River Falls private tour. Their communications with me was always quick. They were waiting for the 8 of us with a bus twice as big as was needed. We had both a driver and Pete Taylor Junior. they engaged us throughout the hour or so drive to Dunn's river telling us about the area, its history. They entertained us with song and jokes. They expediated entry into the Falls, was waiting for us when we were finished took us to a great local jerky place for a late lunch (great food and prices) and returned us to the port in plenty of time. Very professional and highly recommended.

We used Mark Morris tours, also very professional, also had a bus for about 20 or so people. Cost was $45 per person plus admission to Dunn's. The roads are great once out of the port area, not problem with traffic, no problem getting back to the ship in time.

2128596110101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

2518995660101628544S425x425Q85.jpg

We did a private tour with Marva Shaw. She took us to Dunn's River, lunch and shopping. Can not say enough great things about this tour!!!

Thanks. That's who I was going to go with. Did you have her as a tour guide?

We were in Falmouth on 1 June. We booked independently with Moby Dick tours. The guide was great and it was a great value. I'll post on that another time.

The roads in Falmouth are still under major construction. Picture a fishing village with buses containing passengers from 2 cruise ships all trying to get back to the pier on time! Our captain said that people were left behind.

By 2012, I suspect, Falmouth will be great. But since you have to go to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay for excursions, for now, you need to book with a very well regarded firm that WILL get you back on time, or book with the cruise line.

IMG_0205.JPGWe got off ship this past week. walked out of the port and onto the street. Taxis at. the gate were aggressive. They wanted $50 us each round trip to the falls. Another taxi driver stated he would do it for $30. They started to argue and tell us the other would scam us. We went with the $30. A very nice van with A/C. Did not pay driver until we were done with the trip. I found out later they work for the same company. All taxis have Red Plates and the drivers have ID badges.

We paid $15 at the falls and were ushered into a group with a guide.

More pics and a review to follow.

Was the $30 for the cab, as opposed to per person?

IMG_0205.JPGWe got off ship this past week. walked out of the port and onto the street. Taxis at. the gate were aggressive. They wanted $50 us each round trip to the falls. Another taxi driver stated he would do it for $30. They started to argue and tell us the other would scam us. We went with the $30. A very nice van with A/C. Did not pay driver until we were done with the trip. I found out later they work for the same company. All taxis have Red Plates and the drivers have ID badges.

We paid $15 at the falls and were ushered into a group with a guide.

More pics and a review to follow.

Thanks. That's who I was going to go with. Did you have her as a tour guide?

Sorry, I have not checked this thread for a few days!! We did not have Marva, but did meet her at our shopping stop. She is truly a great lady. Her company is top notch. They did exactly as they said. No issues about getting back to the pier, they know when the ship is leaving and they are very aware of the the traffic and the time needed. I thought that the fee was very reasonable for what we did. You will be very happy and have no worries!!

Just completed a tour with Mark Morris. Everyone in the party was extremely pleased. We were a party of seven, including an elderly person. The tour could not have been better. A great time at a splendid price.

If you went to Dunn's River Falls on-your-own,

(1) Did you book in advance?

(2) Is the price at the Fall's extra, and what is the pp cost at the Falls?

(3) Are you talking about a per taxi/van fee or pp?

We have a couple of people that don't like to book in advance (geez) and we will want to go together. I had talked about booking with Moby, but I'm open to anyone reputable and who will GET US BACK ON TIME.

There would be 4-6 of us, :confused: depending on our friends. I know I will get told to book just for us, but we've been to the Falls before and this is their first cruise so we ae going to let them make the decision as "to go or not to to go".....:rolleyes:

If you went to Dunn's River Falls on-your-own,

(1) Did you book in advance?

(2) Is the price at the Fall's extra, and what is the pp cost at the Falls?

(3) Are you talking about a per taxi/van fee or pp?

We have a couple of people that don't like to book in advance (geez) and we will want to go together. I had talked about booking with Moby, but I'm open to anyone reputable and who will GET US BACK ON TIME.

There would be 4-6 of us, :confused: depending on our friends. I know I will get told to book just for us, but we've been to the Falls before and this is their first cruise so we ae going to let them make the decision as "to go or not to to go".....:rolleyes:

It was $15 per person to get into the falls. No we did not book in advance.

It was $15 per person to get into the falls. No we did not book in advance.

Thanks for the info. So, just to clarify, $15 per person each way for the cab/shuttle, correct? How about entry fee at Dunns River Falls?

Archived