Price of excursions

lbfluffy

I would like to know how much Carnival charges for the nighttime horseback riding in Suan Juan through the rain forest. I called to find out and they can't tell me. They say I have to wait till I get closer to my sail date, then the web site will be able to tell me how much. So does anyone know how much this is? Thanks.

I know why Carnival told you to check back later. They've raised their posted prices on the internet for my Miracle cruise twice since we've been allowed to book excursions.

If someone does have a price list, it will probably be different when you get to book them for your cruise.

June

I was told by my PVP that the $ signs next to the excursion list on Carnival's website are as follows:

$ = less than $50

$$ = $50-$100

$$$ = $100-$150

$$$$ = $150-$200

It's not exact, but it gives you an idea of prices.

I wonder if there are any other excursions outside of Carnival that offer the night time horseback riding. $89 seems so high but I guess it's good to know that on the Carnival excursions you don't have to worry about the ship leaving you.

My husband and I have horses and are also interested in the night time horseback riding. It almost freaks me out though, considering I know how *our* horses act when it's dark out and they can't see very well!

i did the daytime ride in the rainforest in san juan and at that time it was $89pp (same for nite). we opted to do the day ride because i wanted to be able to see the sights in the rainforest. the horses were very calm and wonderful and my husband and i had the best time. there wasn't any opportunity to run the horses and they have to ride almost single file at times so you might get separated from your husband. if you do go, and william is your guide, try and ride near him...he is extrememly knowledgeable about the area and the horses and we found him to be incredibly interesting. it was getting dark by the time we returned from our ride and the horses did not act any differently.

We did the night horseback ride on San Juan last month.

It was great!

First. be aware that due to the time that you arrive in port, say 3-5PM, traffic will be nuts.

It is about a 1 & 1/2 hour bus ride to the ranch.

When you arrive you will find a neat 600 acre ranch with 150 fully gaited horses!

They were some of the best horses that we have ever ridden!

We ride a lot and often in the dark. It's not the darkness that bothers a horse, it's shadows.

Do NOT take a flash picture.

They will walk side by side, nose to tail or whatever you want them to do.

We often rode 3 or 4 across without any problem.

It was pitch black the night we rode as it was cloudy.They give everyone glowstick necklaces to wear.

Our ride lasted about an hour and a half, plus there was a pit stop for free drinks (yes beer) and a marshmellow roast.

The bus ride back to the ship went much faster and we arrived at the dock at 11:25PM.

5 minutes to spare.

Nice to know that when you book through Carnival they will not leave port without you.

I would not try and book this outside of the ship.

Archived