All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some details of the revitalization revealed in the press release for the Explorer Summer 2015 Europe deployment.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1090/explorer-of-the-seas-to-homeport-in-southampton-uk-and-sail-european-waters-in-2015/

Explorer of the Seas will complete an extensive, month-long drydock revitalization before starting seasonal service and boast a wide range of new innovative features to offer guests an unforgettable onboard experience. Guests can test their surfing skills on a new FlowRider surf simulator; watch a film come to life in a magical 3-D Movie theatre; and sample cuisine from around the world in a new range of onboard restaurants. There will also be all-new staterooms and luxurious suites, plus new virtual balconies that bring live ocean and destination views into interior staterooms. Additional revitalization details will be unveiled at a later date.

Edited by MADflyer

Taking my teens on their first cruise May 31 to Bermuda.....anyone had teens on this ship? Did they have plenty of things to occupy their time?

My kids (a girl and a boy) have been on Explorer three times - at ages from about 11-15, and they always had a great time. I'd definitely encourage yours to go to the first night meet-and-greet in the teen area. They may decide they like hanging out there - or they may not - my kids went back and forth. But at the meet and greet they've got the best chance at finding other kids they get along with. There are a lot of organized activites (games, volleyball, parties), but it seems the kids also set up their own 'manhunt' games as well.

Last time, it seemed like they were using the library as an alternate meeting place to the teen area. (Not always great for the readers, but fyi.)

Explorer of the Seas will complete an extensive, month-long drydock revitalization before starting seasonal service and boast a wide range of new innovative features to offer guests an unforgettable onboard experience. Guests can test their surfing skills on a new FlowRider surf simulator;
In place of the miniature golf area, I suppose...
watch a film come to life in a magical 3-D Movie theatre;
In place of that little tv-room theatre? That could use some help.

and sample cuisine from around the world in a new range of onboard restaurants.

Now I wonder how they're doing that?

Explorer revitalization will take place between the 12th of March after disembarkation in Port Everglades. She returns from dry-dock in Southampton on April 24th for the first sailing post revitalization.

No revenue Trans-Atlantic.

Will revitalization be done in Bahamas or Cadiz, Spain?

Explorer revitalization will take place between the 12th of March after disembarkation in Port Everglades. She returns from dry-dock in Southampton on April 24th for the first sailing post revitalization.

No revenue Trans-Atlantic.

Will revitalization be done in Bahamas or Cadiz, Spain?

Thanks for the info. Odd they would have a non-revenue trans-atlantic. I'm guessing you meant disembarkation in Port Canaveral.

Thanks for the info. Odd they would have a non-revenue trans-atlantic. I'm guessing you meant disembarkation in Port Canaveral.

Yes. Port Canaveral on March 12th 2015.

While assume they take her into the Bahamas, as that is where they re-fit Navigator, the lack of TA made me think maybe they were maybe taking her over to Cadiz.

On my 4/19 cruise Erky will be there but he said that Leigh will still be on vacation :(. Anyone know who will be filling in?

Keith Richards is currently filling in for Leigh. While he's definitely not to the same standard Leigh is I was pleasantly surprised by him having read some very poor reports. Is Erky back on board at the moment? We had Andre as our activities manager but he has joined Grandeur as of last week

On my 4/19 cruise Erky will be there but he said that Leigh will still be on vacation :(. Anyone know who will be filling in?

Keith Richards is currently filling in for Leigh. While he's definitely not to the same standard Leigh is I was pleasantly surprised by him having read some very poor reports. Is Erky back on board at the moment? We had Andre as our activities manager but he has joined Grandeur as of last week

...the lack of TA made me think maybe they were maybe taking her over to Cadiz.

The re-fit of Explorer was just confirmed to take place in Cadiz, Spain by Merion Mom onboard the Explorer of the Seas.

There will not be a revenue TA, with first cruise out of Southampton as currently available.

Sailing for Europe 2015 are posted and open on the RCI website.

No indication where she goes from October 2, 2015 in Southampton indicated.

RCI just announced by email to C&A members in Australia, that Explorer of the Seas will come to Australia in late 2015 to join Voyager and Radiance OTS. We are very excited, bookings open in the week 29 April.

and here is the press release about explorer, it has a paragraph about the month-long refurbishment ..

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-release/1090/

Flowriders will be a big hit in Australia, both Voyager and Explorer are getting them. Voyager is going into drydock later this year and Explorer early next year, so Aussies will love the extra activities when explorer arrives later next year.

We are all hoping that one of the 3 ships deployed to Australia will stay all year round rather than just half of the year. Although there is a rumour that Legend is also coming to Australia and will homeport in Brisbane.

Just got off the Explorer and experienced the All Access Tour. We were told that a majority of the crew, and some additional personnel, will make the transatlic trip to Spain. The sailing is considered a "wet dock". The nine days at sea will be used to strip the ship down so she is ready for dry dock.

:cool: Could someone please post links to or a fairly recent cruise compass, we will be on board soon. Thanks

She's doing Bermuda itineraries at the moment so hopefully someone will post one soon! I also would like to see these as sailing in June :)