All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

I stand corrected, Royals website says 16. I assumed 18, guess we know we know what happens when we assume :o

Thank you Bob & Bill for your quick replies.

Bill, I see in your signature that you will be on Explorer on August 23rd. We will also be on that cruise and looking forward to it.

Lise

Thank you Bob & Bill for your quick replies.

Bill, I see in your signature that you will be on Explorer on August 23rd. We will also be on that cruise and looking forward to it.

Lise

We will be sailing with you too! Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off my third cruise on Explorer the other day and I have to tell you, I'm really bothered that Royal is taking her away from us. I've sent some emails to them relating this, and reminding them that Explorer has the highest repeat cruiser percentage in their entire fleet. Obviously she belongs right where she is. Please join me in deluging Royal with emails asking them to keep her here after her drydock.

What is breakfast in the MDR like? Is it the same menu every day or does it change? Is it offered every day or only at sea days? How long does seating/serving usually take? Is quality of food noticeably different than windjammer? Thank you! :-)

The time for breakfast changed on port days, depending on the time you could leave the ship. We looked at the wrong day's schedule one morning and thought it was open until 9:30, but they turned us away because we got there at 9:05 (which, of course, they were correct to do).

Other than that, we ate breakfast in the MDR every day. It was never crowded, and we had great service. Food was always good. (The Spanish omelette is the kind you get in Spain, with potatoes and onions, not the U.S. version with peppers.) I did not care for breakfast in the Windjammer. It took forever to find a table, and by the time you found one, put your food down, and went back for your beverage, your food was cold.

Just got off my third cruise on Explorer the other day and I have to tell you, I'm really bothered that Royal is taking her away from us. I've sent some emails to them relating this, and reminding them that Explorer has the highest repeat cruiser percentage in their entire fleet. Obviously she belongs right where she is. Please join me in deluging Royal with emails asking them to keep her here after her drydock.

On behalf of the Asia Pacific Region we will happily swap Explorer of the Seas for Liberty of the Seas.

Please tell Royal we will happily take Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I am sorry I am sure this has been asked and answered there is even a thread similar but no real answer that I saw so again please forgive.

Was wondering if there is a chefs table offered on EOS? I will be on her 9/11/14

I have booked portofinios(?) a couple of nights but can't seem to find anything on a special chefs table?

Thank You for any info.

Charlee

Hi,

I am sorry I am sure this has been asked and answered there is even a thread similar but no real answer that I saw so again please forgive.

Was wondering if there is a chefs table offered on EOS? I will be on her 9/11/14

I have booked portofinios(?) a couple of nights but can't seem to find anything on a special chefs table?

Thank You for any info.

Charlee

Currently no Chef's Table on Explorer.

On behalf of the Asia Pacific Region we will happily swap Explorer of the Seas for Liberty of the Seas.

Please tell Royal we will happily take Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked on Explorer for Nov 3 2015 Singapore to Fremantle. We are familiar with Voyager (same class) and like this style of ship. What difference would Liberty bring? :-)

We are booked on Explorer for Nov 3 2015 Singapore to Fremantle. We are familiar with Voyager (same class) and like this style of ship. What difference would Liberty bring? :-)

Liberty is very similar to Explorer, stretched about 90 feet. Liberty added the kiddie pool area, Sorrento's, Chops, Vintages, Flowrider, a few more venues.

• 2 weeks later...

This inquiry is not about the Solarium Pool, but you appear to be very knowledgeable as to what is going on with the Explorer, so here goes: Have been hearing "rumblings" that the Explorer has a "bent prop" and it not able to go "full speed". Any truth to the rumor?

I am on the last "round trip" from Bayonne - 10/23/14.

Thank you

This inquiry is not about the Solarium Pool, but you appear to be very knowledgeable as to what is going on with the Explorer, so here goes: Have been hearing "rumblings" that the Explorer has a "bent prop" and it not able to go "full speed". Any truth to the rumor?

I am on the last "round trip" from Bayonne - 10/23/14.

Thank you

Not sure who this was meant for,

I was on the 8/23 sailing and we had delays due to a "propulsion problem" with the starboard azipod. We were told it was fixed in Bermuda but it was not used on the return trip (or at least a greatly reduced speed). Tugboats were used to assist with docking in Bayonne. They had divers in the water when we dis-embarked I heard rumors of a bent shaft but have not been able to confirm.

Hope someone can fill in some of the blanks.

I sailed on Explorer in March for my first cruise and loved it......I sadly wanted to buy one of the ship models, but forgot at the end of the cruise....Where can I find one now? Or anyone willing to part with theirs?

I figured It would be a great thing to collect from the various ships I will eventually go on......Greg

Edited by 97t-bird

We have someone from our Roll Call on a B2B on board now. They reported that she was running fine and they have not missed any ports or been late (except for leaving late the first evening).

So let's hope for calm seas and no more propulsion issues.