Can I rent snorkel gear at any of the beaches???

LadyLeo84

Just wanting to know if there's snorkel gear available for rent at any of the beaches besides Palm Beach? Also, if there isn't a place to rent it at the other beaches (and we just bring our own), which beach would be the best recommendation for snorkeling off the shore where we would see lots of colorful fish, (like the Parrotfish) and coral?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

Trudy

Just wanting to know if there's snorkel gear available for rent at any of the beaches besides Palm Beach? Also, if there isn't a place to rent it at the other beaches (and we just bring our own), which beach would be the best recommendation for snorkeling off the shore where we would see lots of colorful fish, (like the Parrotfish) and coral?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!

Trudy

If looked for coral that you can swim too from the beach and just say, "wow", Aruba is not going to be it :( If your ship has a stop in Bonaire or Curacao, you will find that type of snorkeling in either of those two places.

Aruba does have some coral to see snorkeling, but imo, nothing much to write home about. To snorkel just for the joy of snorkeling, you will see fish, but again, for "lots of colorful fish, (like the Parrotfish) and coral" you will be disappointed.

For rentals not on Palm beach Aqua Windies or JADS Dive Shop

Arubalisa and 6rugrats,

Thanks for letting me know about the snorkeling in Aruba. Unfortunately, we won't be making any other stops in the Caribbean. We are sailing from Vancouver, BC through the Panama Canal and then on to Fort Lauderdale after we depart from Aruba. Our only other stop that might work would be Cabo, but the snorkeling is not great there either. Do either of you have a recommendation anyway for which might be the best beach to do some snorkeling? If we go to Baby Beach are there fish in the cove or do you need to swim out through the channel to see anything?

Thanks Arubalisa on where to rent the snorkel gear other than Palm Beach!!

Trudy

If we go to Baby Beach are there fish in the cove or do you need to swim out through the channel to see anything?
Ah, therein lies the issue. :( You can see the fish on the outside on the reef, but you have to swim through the channel to get there and it is treacherous... I surely hate to see people do it and never recommend it. People have drowned there and lost their lives while doing just that. :(

We are going to try to check out a couple of different spots besides Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove that I posted in the other thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29334339&postcount=23 so I will report on that when we return.

Ah, therein lies the issue. :( You can see the fish on the outside on the reef, but you have to swim through the channel to get there and it is treacherous... I surely hate to see people do it and never recommend it. People have drowned there and lost their lives while doing just that. :(

We are going to try to check out a couple of different spots besides Boca Catalina/Catalina Cove that I posted in the other thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29334339&postcount=23 so I will report on that when we return.

Thanks again Arubalisa. I appreciate all of your help and advice very much!!!

Trudy

Archived