What is the cheapest way to get from Ft. Lauderdale to port of Miami?

SJChaput

I am going on a cruise in November with 5 other people (making it 7 total)

We're probably going to stay in the cheapest hotel / motel we can near the airport and then get to the port the next day.

What is the cheapest possible way to move that many people from the airport to the motel / hotel to the port or even from the airport right to the port?

Whether it be taxi, bus or hotel shuttle... What is my best bet?

SAS shuttle is about $15 pp to get to a hotel in Miami. If you have a hotel with a shuttle, that would help. (I think Holiday Inn might charge $10 on their shuttle).

They will probably give you a price break on 5 people.

Super 8 hotel in Hollywood isnt that far from Miami and has a free shuttle from FTL. There are all sorts of hotels with shuttles on hotwire, but I know the super 8 has free shuttle to the airport and to the port (Port Everglades I assume). All sorts of ways to do it cheap.

I flew into Miami and did the $2 bus to the Intercontinental, no shuttle but I got it for $84 on lastminutetravel.

I would also check out the limo companies (you can google them)...if you are going to have to pay per person for a shared shuttle, you might be able to get one of these companies to provide your own van or limo for about the same price. We used one of these companies last December, because it was actually cheaper for us than paying the per person rate on Super Shuttle. We couldn't take SAS because we flew into Miami and were going to Port Everglades, and SAS doesn't leave from both Miami and FLL.

I researched this to death last December and honestly never came up with a great, cheap solution...I wish there was a hotel about half way that just charged a small fee each way, but I never found that.

Believe it or not I've read here on cruisecritic that people have rented a car to do the 45 minute drive because it was so cheap and convenient.

Yes...I also looked at this...it would have worked for us, except the car rental location right at the port (there are a few rental companies that have this) was closed on the day our ship came back to FLL...so that option was out...but it is a good option if rates are cheap.

Qualitylimoservice, QLS, is $12/pp for group of 6-8. We just used them for our Liberty cruise last week and they were fantastic. Used them both going and coming with no problems. We had a group of 13 and it was $10/pp. Highly recommend them.

We used sas last year and would use them again, it was a great transaction all around. At the end of the cruise we rented a car, took a taxi to the car rental place and then drove the car directly to FLL.

Both worked great.

Karen

I have said it before and will say it again....

SAS did not show up when they were scheduled to. They did not answer their phone when we tried to call them to find out where they were. They never called us back as we left messages with our phone number. We did have a confirmation number from them. They just decided to blow us off.

Your best bet may be using www.ridesas.com. They are 15 pp, but i think for 5 or more it will be 13pp. We stayed at the Laquinta Airport FLL. Nothing fancy, just a clean cheap stay.

Good Luck!

We have stayed at LaQuinta Airport in Hollywood ,a great deal , clean cheap (about 100.00) a night Free breakfast , Free shuttle airport

and SAS transporation

Yes...I also looked at this...it would have worked for us, except the car rental location right at the port (there are a few rental companies that have this) was closed on the day our ship came back to FLL...so that option was out...but it is a good option if rates are cheap.

Rent a car at Fort Lauderdale airport and drop it off at Miami airport. The car rental companies at Miami airport have a free shuttle to the port of Miami.

I have said it before and will say it again....

SAS did not show up when they were scheduled to. They did not answer their phone when we tried to call them to find out where they were. They never called us back as we left messages with our phone number. We did have a confirmation number from them. They just decided to blow us off.

This happened to us also in December 2009. I had confirmed the day before, called when they were 1/2 hour late, never showed up and never heard anything from them. Luckily I had reserved them a bit earlier in the am than necessary, spent 45 minutes on comfy lounge furniture in the warm weather of the hotel entrance waiting, then hopped a cab for about $20 more than SAS (party of 4). No harm done and didn't pursue it when we got back since I didn't want to waste any more energy on useless people.

I am going on a cruise in November with 5 other people (making it 7 total)

We're probably going to stay in the cheapest hotel / motel we can near the airport and then get to the port the next day.

What is the cheapest possible way to move that many people from the airport to the motel / hotel to the port or even from the airport right to the port?

Whether it be taxi, bus or hotel shuttle... What is my best bet?

I highly recommend QLS...very reliable, organized, and affordable rates, we have use them so many times and never had a problem, professional customer service & drivers, always on time...check their website: http://www.qualitylimoservice.com ( $12 dollars per person for party of 7...that's a good deal ! )... another QLS FAN :)

Use SAS, DO NOT use Easy Express, I used SAS and had no problems with them. This past May I used easy express and pre-paid for the trip to and from FLL to Port of Miami. The total cost was to include the tips for the driver. Not only was the shuttle 1 hour late (with two calls put in by me asking where they were) but upon entering the van a large sign on the window stated "gratuity not included in cost of transportation", stay away from this company.

Archived