Can we make this flight?

cruznon

We arrive back in Fort Lauderdale on Aug 6th and want a flight to go to Orlando to see Mickey for a few days. There's a flight that leaves at 10:35 AM. I know the airport is just minutes away. Do you think we can make it? The next flight is at 2:05.

If not, how far is it to Miami airport? There should be more flights there, OR should we just chill out, be the last off the ship and take the 2:05 flight?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.:)

You should be able to make the 10:35 flight if your nerves can stand the possible anxiety. You will need to tell the Purser's Desk that you have a very early flight and must disembark in the first group. BUT things can go wrong and the ship could be late docking, immigration/customs can be late or slow, etc. You might feel more comfortable and less stressed with the later flight.

It's only 3 hours to Disney World from FLL.

An easy drive by Florida's Turnpike.

Why not rent a car and drive? It's better than hanging out at the airport, flying into Orlando and then finding transportation to WDW.

Are you flying home out of Orlando?

I wouldn't dream of booking that flight. There is no way of knowing what time you will be off the ship, how long the lines will be at the airport. The earliest that we would ever book a flight if going from a ship straight to the airport is 12 noon.

There will be some who will say they made it fine; Don't count on that always happening. Way too risky IMO

The easiest way from FLL to WDW/Orlando is to drive. There are plenty of central FL people on this board and they all drive as far as I've ever read here.

Then you already have a car when you are there and have avoided all the hassle of the airports and flying. You'd be there long before you would if you flew from Miami or took the 2:05 FLL flight and would have none of the stress of trying to make the 10:35 flight. ;)

Of course, the OP will do as he/she pleases but if they wanted to drive, my guess is they would have rented a car and would not be asking about flight times.

OP asked about whether a particular flight was too early to book.

Not everyone thinks hours and hours of driving and miles of highway is how they wish to spend their vacation.

We arrive back in Fort Lauderdale on Aug 6th and want a flight to go to Orlando to see Mickey for a few days. There's a flight that leaves at 10:35 AM. I know the airport is just minutes away. Do you think we can make it? The next flight is at 2:05.

If not, how far is it to Miami airport? There should be more flights there, OR should we just chill out, be the last off the ship and take the 2:05 flight?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.:)

Dude - Chill!

Get up late, have lunch someplace cool and take the later flight

Why hurry? The mouse will still be there for you!

Of course, the OP will do as he/she pleases but if they wanted to drive, my guess is they would have rented a car and would not be asking about flight times.

OP asked about whether a particular flight was too early to book.

Not everyone thinks hours and hours of driving and miles of highway is how they wish to spend their vacation.

Perhaps the OP is unaware how close Orlando is to FLL?

Many people don't know where one city is in relation to others.

That was my thought in suggesting driving to Orlando rather than risk missing the early flight, or having to wait for the later flight.

The OP was willing to travel to Miami to catch a flight -- that's going an hour or so south of FLL to go north!

By renting a car, the OP could end up at Disney World a lot sooner than she would via air.

Thanks for all the info. I really didn't realize Orlando was that close by car. That's a better option than I thought. We're not familiar with Florida.

We'll not take early flight--don't need stress after a relaxing week at sea.

So now we'll have to decide on driving or doing what Brian says and just "Chill" and take later flight to visit Mickey.

We're flying home from Orlando.

Thanks everyone.

Peggy

Peggy,

That's like me, when I've gone to California ... I thought LA and San Francisco were close together!

From FLL you drive right up the turnpike. You don't even have to go to I-4, where all the horrible traffic is. From the turnpike you can get off at Osceola Parkway, which goes right into Disney World.

Disney is only 2 hours from where I live, and many people do it as a day trip, since the traffic is really no problem.

Archived