QM2 Kings court

bunkrest

Hi Everyone love reading the posts on here esp "Capt PW"

Now....If it's a formal or elegant casual night and I opt to eat in the kings court, do you adopt the same dress code?

For example if it's formal in Brittania can I eat in the kings court "elegant causal"

Many thanks..

Page 8 of my Voyage Guide says, in part, "Casual clothing is only permitted EACH EVENING (capitals mine) in the Kings Court on Queen Mary 2...."

And, "Suitable casual clothing...would include trousers, shirt, and a jacket for men, and skirt or trousers with a jumper or blouse for women."

And, "...you will not be permitted to wear shorts or t-shirts in the restaurants after 18:00 (6 PM) on any night (regardless of dress code category)."

Hope this helps. My read is that you can wear casual in King's Court while the code is formal in Britannia.

Jon.

I took supper in the Kings Court self-serve buffet every night, and never dressed formally, nor did I see anyone else in formal dress. The only exceptions were guests passing through on their way to the Grills. More than once I watched them, dressed to the nines and dripping in bling, stop off at the soft-serve ice cream machine for a cone to eat on the way. Funny stuff.

Hi Everyone love reading the posts on here esp "Capt PW"

Now....If it's a formal or elegant casual night and I opt to eat in the kings court, do you adopt the same dress code?

For example if it's formal in Brittania can I eat in the kings court "elegant causal"

Many thanks..

You usually can dress less formally in Kings Court. I've seen quite a few in full formal wear even in Kings Court..usually when they have the "tasting menus" We usually walk through on our way to the Grills or Brittania(depends where we're staying on board) The really tacky clothing is usually after main dinner has been served. I wish they'd reasonably enforce the dresscodes(I said reasonably)even in Kings Court. I've seen some pretty nasty shorts & tank tops be allowed at dinner. I don't mind it at breakfast/lunch, but not during dinner.

Not totally on topic, but on my last April cruise on QV, a group of ladies were all a tither in the Winter Garden lounge (open air lounge by the pools) because one guy had rather loose, billowy shorts on, and the ladies said they could see his privates on display thru the bottom of his shorts when he had his legs up on a lounger. The Madrina (Maureen Ryan, the matron of the Cunard fleet) wanted to find a Gentleman Host to go up to this guy and tell him to change or button up, but this was in the afternoon and no GH would be around.

So I valiantly volunteered, and went up to this guy, said "Adam (not his real name, but the ladies all knew his real name), could I speak to you for a minute?", pulled him aside, and suggested he change his shorts. He muttered something in reply, but I don't remember what he said.

So, even if the ship does not enforce a rigid dress code, the proper ladies on the cruise do have a standard that they adhere to.

Archived