Snorkeling Floatation Vest?

sail-a-bration

Yes, Coral Breeze Tours does offer a floatation device to all of their snorkelers.

In fact, I think that all snorkelers were required to wear one.

Look up their site to see what they offer.

We go with them twice each year & they offer a great tour.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Do any of the companies offer floatation vests for weak swimmers who want to try snorkeling?

If you do a ship excursion, then they usually insist that you wear a snorkeling vest. This is the type that you can fill up with air using a small one way valve. Being an experienced snorkeler, I will take all the air out the device thus allowing me to go under the water a lot easier.

On independent tour, were you rent snorkel gear, will usually include these vests. You can put a lot of air in them thus allowing you to float.

• 7 months later...

My wife and I were about to make a reservation for the Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker tour, when I read something about life jackets being required for snorkelers? Being experienced divers with our own equipment, we would feel confined, uncomfortable, and unable to explore the reef while wearing flotation devices... no experienced diver would enjoy being confined in this manner! :confused:

Does anyone know of a tour operator that will allow us to snorkel without wearing a flotation device? I can't seem to find one. While some customers may enjoy the "safety" these devices provide, others find them unbearable! It's like asking an experienced cyclist to go on a bicycle tour, but requiring they use training wheels... I would rather remain on the ship than use these training wheels at the reef!

My wife and I were about to make a reservation for the Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker tour, when I read something about life jackets being required for snorkelers? Being experienced divers with our own equipment, we would feel confined, uncomfortable, and unable to explore the reef while wearing flotation devices... no experienced diver would enjoy being confined in this manner! :confused:

Does anyone know of a tour operator that will allow us to snorkel without wearing a flotation device? I can't seem to find one. While some customers may enjoy the "safety" these devices provide, others find them unbearable! It's like asking an experienced cyclist to go on a bicycle tour, but requiring they use training wheels... I would rather remain on the ship than use these training wheels at the reef!

With Coral Breeze Tours, the group leader Heni, will dive down many times during the snorkel tour to point out things, & also to coach a Moray Eel out of his home so the group can see him.

When she dives down there is no vest on her so she may allow you to do this if the local law allows this ?

Go on the Coral Breeze Tours site & ask them this question & Mark will let you know.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Those vests are the scurge of my existance. We ONLY go on excursions and opporators that DON'T require them.....

Archived