Grand Turk

Disneycruisers

There is a huge Margaritaville there which provides you with the spring break type experience, dj with loud music, contests, etc.

Not my scene AT ALL. Walk down the beach past Margaritaville and go to Jack's Shack. Mellow scene, great food and drinks and the beach is wonderful.

grand turk is beautiful, no excursion needed. We walked a few hundred yards down the beach to Jacks Shack and had a fantastic time. Way more mellow and nice than the scene at the Cruise Terminal (Jimmys place, flow rider)

really can't lose where ever you go. Walk down to Jacks is nice. The beach right off the pier is nice. If you bang a right at the end of the pier and walk about a half mile Governors beach is nice, and not packed.

We took the Grand Turk Experience excursion that ended up at hotel that had a private beach, they had a shuttle to take back to the boat for free for people on the excursion. Very nice beach I thought and not many people even with two boats in port. I don't remeber the name of the hotel though. Had some nice spots to snorkel at also. It did cost 10 bucks to rent a chair though. I didn't check out the beach by the boat but they seemed fine also. The waters at Grand turk were amazing, crystal clear waters.

Grand Turk was beautiful, and the best part was stepping off the boat and right into the ocean. No need for excursions or taxi cabs. Since it was our final stop on our cruise, it was kind of nice having a relaxing day with no worries about making it back to the ship. We were able to stay on the beach until after sunset. One of our favorite cruise memories!

Agree 100%....no excursion needed. Stroll down the beach to the left, hit Jack's shack, we just plopped our stuff down and went swimming a little ways down the beach(between the pier and Jacks)...not crowded at all!

If you venture down to the right of the pier, you can find some great Conch shells among the rocks, we brought 3 really big ones home....and if you see a black flip flop lying around...it's prolly mine, only had one in my bag when I went to get on the boat....:o

Other than that, we also hung out at Margaritaville....it was very entertaining, they have a great pool area!

Our favorite stop next to HMC!!

At Grand Turk last month, we rented a golf cart and drove to the lighthouse, then to Conch World, then a quick tour of the island (the island is small) and a stop at Governors beach.

We spent our afternoon at Jacks Shack and we had a wonderful time! :)

I could have easily spent our whole day there, and most likely head straight to Jacks Shack next time.

Hanging out at Jacks Shack was free, but we paid for rental of lounge/beach chairs and an umbrella for the day. (chairs $5.00 each, umbrella $10.00)

Their Jerk chicken was excelent!

And don't forget to print your coupon for a free shot of rum from the Jacks Shack website (he gave me TWO shots in exchange for my coupon!)

Our day on Grand Turk was perfect! Click on the link in my signature to read mor about our day there in my review and see pics. You can scroll down to the Jacks Shack day.

HAVE FUN!!!! :)

Website for Jack's Shack

http://www.jacksshack.tc/Home.php

I am even quoted on that site....

Been there three times and the last time rounded up over 100 people to go there on and off during the day....

Jack and Janet are great and the dog Tofer digs three foot deep holes in the beach....

12 of us were taken back to the ship in the back of Jack's pick up truck.....

I've been on both Jacks and Margaritaville websites. So do you get seated at Margaritaville like at a restaurant. We will be there with a 9 and 12 year old who I know would like a swim in the pool, but not sure if the party atmosphere will be too much. We could spend part of the day at both, but just wondering if they get full or which place you'd try first.

At Grand Turk last month, we rented a golf cart and drove to the lighthouse, then to Conch World, then a quick tour of the island (the island is small) and a stop at Governors beach.

Mountainbreeze, would love to know more information about the golf cart rental, please share!

Thanks!!

Archived