What's the difference between Camp Carnival 9-11 and Circle C

My kids will be 9 and 12 so I'll have one in each group. I'm just wondering what the difference is in terms of programming, the hours they are open and supervision. I tried bringing up some of the capers on the family board but most were for younger kids. The one Circle C on there (not our ship or itinerary) looked like it opened later and then ran until midnight, but some activities were unsupervised. Is that correct. We'll be on Liberty Eastern if that makes a difference.

the hours are about the same- 9-11 are supervised throughout activities/.

Older kids-- there is a counselor there that "try" to get the kids to do activitites.

9-11 you gotta pay for supervision after 10pm the older kids do not.

With Circle C most of the kids tend to hang out with one another for the week. you will find them eating pizza, sitting in hot tubs.

Make sure your kids go to that first meeting the first night.

for the 9-11 they have a PJ party one night that cost money- 10pm til 3am.

You kid doesnt feel like the are a little child here. They can do more and they have fun for their age. You can see your kid participating in dance parties and the swaping #s at the end and they can really enjoy it. :)

I've wondered too! In our case, our daughter will be cruising with us for the first time in just a few weeks...right before her 12th birthday. I worry that the activities are going to be too juvenile for her, but she does fine with younger kids. We'll see what happens, I figure she'll have fun regardless :)

My DD was 11 on our last cruise and still enjoyed the activities, but it is mostly limited to their own area in Camp Carnival. Circle C is an entirealy separate room/area. It makes me a tad nervous, it being more like a preteen club to hang out in and participate in the activities all over the ship and less supervision. Should be interesting, lol. :o

I've wondered too! In our case, our daughter will be cruising with us for the first time in just a few weeks...right before her 12th birthday. I worry that the activities are going to be too juvenile for her, but she does fine with younger kids. We'll see what happens, I figure she'll have fun regardless :)

If she is in the 9-11 group it should be fine. At least there is a program running and she will have fun. (budget for that PJ Party)

Just asked my 12 year old to tell me the difference.....

Camp Carnival 9-11 - "Kids stuff, arts and crafts, games, and they make us go to those shows!" (He loved it at 9 and 10, hated it at 11):(

Circle C - "Teen Hang, Video Games, Scavenger Hunts, and Cool Stuff" (LOVED IT!):D

There is supervision at Circle C, but more of a counselor to "Hang with". They do take the kids to the evening show, but it is optional. I have a rule for my son - he has to be with the group or he has to be with me. If the group is just hanging out in the Circle C room, fine. But he is not allowed to wander......

My 16 year old in Club o2... now thats another story..... :rolleyes:

Archived