Cruise Port to Hotel Antiche Figure and then Hotel to Airport

We just booked the Hotel Antiche Figure for one evening post cruise. I am confused on the tram vs water taxi vs train vs vesporado options.

Would someone be so kind as to explain the best way to get from the Princess Dock to Antiche Figure and then from Antiche Figure to the Airport for a noon departure the next day?

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl

We just booked the Hotel Antiche Figure for one evening post cruise. I am confused on the tram vs water taxi vs train vs vesporado options.

Would someone be so kind as to explain the best way to get from the Princess Dock to Antiche Figure and then from Antiche Figure to the Airport for a noon departure the next day?

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl

Cheryl,

You may want to check the hotel's website. They typically have several options for reaching the hotel, with very good instructions.

If you want to read about the various forms of Transportation in Venice, check out this website:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/local-transportation-index.htm

Hope that helps. Enjoy your time in Venice!

Just found this:

How to reach the hotel

» By train

the hotel is located just in front of the Santa Lucia train station, on the opposite bank. You just need to cross the Scalzi bridge on your left and take a right.

» By car

Park your car in one of the Piazzale Roma's parking facilities.Then proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

» From Marco Polo Airport of Tessera - Venice

- By Water-taxi service

- By Shuttle service to Piazzale Roma

ATVO, at the Airport , provides a shuttle service to Piazzale Roma.

From Piazzale Roma, proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

- By Bus to Piazzale Roma n.5 (Public service ACTV) to Piazzale Roma, proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

- By Car Taxi to Piazzale Roma

From there, proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

» From Treviso Airport

You can take the ATVO shuttle to Piazzale Roma.

From Piazzale Roma, it is a 5-minute walk to the Hotel. Or, take a taxi to Piazzale Roma. From there, proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

» From the Port

From the Cruises Passengers Terminal, you have the following options:

- Private Water-Taxi

- A Shuttle Bus is provided by the Cruise Lines to Piazzale Roma. From there, proceed to the Grand Canal. Once there, do NOT cross the new bridge, Ponte della Costituzione, turn right and walk along the right canal bank. After passing two small bridges, you will see the hotel.

Cheryl, we stayed at this hotel pre and post cruise and loved it! We were in room 211 with a carved stone balcony (from the 15th C?) overlooking the Grand Canal- just magical.

To get to the hotel from the cruise port, you may take the shuttle or a taxi a short distance to Piazzale Roma, the transportation hub. It's also possible to walk and take the people mover.

We took a taxi from the port, and asked the driver to take us to the Deposito Baggali (luggage storage) at Piazzale Roma. Taxi fare was 15 Euros. We left our heavy suitcase here (about 5 Euros per day) and only walked with a carry-on to the hotel.

The hotel is a very short distance from Piazzale Roma. You walk along the Grand Canal going to the right. There are 2 small bridges where you have steps up and down.

To get to the airport, go back to the Piazzale Roma. There is an ATVO bus, about 3 or 4 Euros per person which goes to the airport.

Have a great trip!

Thank you in advance,

Cheryl

It all depends on your budget and how much you would tolerate a brief walk with your luggage. The suggestion to leave your heavy bags at Piazzal Roma is a good one. From Piazzal Roma to the hotel is 575 yards with two bridges with steps. From the ship to Piazzal Roma , take a taxi for 15 euros or the people mover tram for 1 euro each. It takes 3 minutes. This is a picture of one of the bridges so you can see how big they are.

If you need to avoid the walk, a water taxi to the hotel is most convenient but most expensive. You can usually share.

To the airport, you can walk back to Piazzal Roma and take the bus or a water taxi all the way to the airport from your hotel is 100 euros with a 10 minute walk at the airport end. On a map of Venice, the hotel is directly across the grand canal from the centre of the train staion. Trains and vaporettos don't enter into your routes. You might well use the vaporetto for sightseeing. A trip up the grand canal on the no 1 or no 2 to St. marks would always be fun.

2100088524_Screenshot2011-06-04at10_16_07PM.jpg.0b3db47cd57417c7a2fdab6cd151b648.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has replied!!

We don't have any issues walking and while we aren't on an extremely tight budget, I don't see any reason to spend on transportation when I can spend on wine! :).

So, here is my recap. I'm still a bit unsure about transportation from hotel to airport.

1) Going to hotel: Princess transfers or people mover to Piazzale Roma. Either store big luggage at luggage store there and proceed to walk with carry ons, or if motivated drag the big luggage too.

2) Hotel to airport: Walk back to Piazzale Roma. Do we just grab a bus from here to the airport? Does it drop us off directly at the airport? Other option is to take a private water taxi directly from the hotel for $100 Euro, but there is a 10 minute walk at the end.

Is this sounding right?

Cheryl :)

Cheryl, I think your choice of either shuttle bus or walking and People Mover from the ship to Piazzale Roma and then walking to the hotel is good.

For getting to the airport from the hotel, I would recommend walking back to Piazzale Roma, then take the ATVO bus to the airport (it goes directly there in 20 minutes):

Here is a map of the bus stops at Piazzale Roma. The ATVO airport bus is at D2 on this map:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/piazzale-roma-bus-stops.htm

Here is the ATVO bus website with the schedules. It is now 5 euros:

http://www.atvo.it/images_doc/linee/Linea_35_(dal_27.03_al_31.05.2011).pdf

I bought the ticket from the ATVO office at Piazzale Roma, but I saw other passengers paying the bus driver directly too.

There are land taxis at Piazzale Roma for going to the airport, but I thought the bus was just as easy, and much cheaper. A water taxi doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Archived