Security question

cc waddles

HI,

Sailing on carribean princess in july out of NY. Wondering......is there a security check/screening that you and your luggage go through before you get on the ship?

Yes to the security check. It's the same (or similar to) what you encounter at the airport ... metal detector and luggage x-ray. And, you are subjected to the same scan and x-ray every time that you return to the ship at a port.

Yes to the security check. It's the same (or similar to) what you encounter at the airport ... metal detector and luggage x-ray. And, you are subjected to the same scan and x-ray every time that you return to the ship at a port.

Except that:

o you never have to take off your shoes or belt;

o you can take liquids in any size without having to put them in a little bag;

o you do not have to take computers or other electronics out of your carry-on when it is x-rayed.

HI,

Sailing on carribean princess in july out of NY. Wondering......is there a security check/screening that you and your luggage go through before you get on the ship?

We're not sure about other cc's but to us this question begs "WHY?". We wish the OP had been more specific as to his enquiry if not to his concerns.

We're not sure about other cc's but to us this question begs "WHY?". We wish the OP had been more specific as to his enquiry if not to his concerns.

Yep, I have to admit, after I answered, it kind of gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I guess it is just the sign of the times than a generic question like this makes you think "what in the world is this passenger trying to bring onboard that makes them worry about the security process", and my imagination went wild. :eek:

Although I wondered WHY too I took a moment to check the OP's past posting where I learned only one past cruise over 20 years ago and now taking two kids along on this one. Something tells me he/she just wanted to gather as much information as possible so as not to be surprised.

This security screening isn't specific to NY; you will have to go through the same type of screening no matter where you board a ship. At least I have found that in Hawaii, California (multiple) & Florida (Multiple).

It just is what it is.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing.

Well, one reason to ask why might be...

What can I have with me, and in my carry-on vs. what

needs to be in my checked bag...

What do they do if you have a hip replacement and it sets the alarm off?

Do you get the TSA special or is it more discrete.

Thanks

Actually, they take you aside and use a hand held wond. I have a knee replacement, and it happens every cruise. But, I do not get upset, just makes me feel more safe. Glad to see all the safety.

Actually, they take you aside and use a hand held wond. I have a knee replacement, and it happens every cruise. But, I do not get upset, just makes me feel more safe. Glad to see all the safety.

That I can handle with NP. Thanks

What can I have with me, and in my carry-on vs. what

needs to be in my checked bag...

Really no difference. What is not allowed in checked luggage is not allowed in caryon.

Unlike at the airport, there are no liquid or gel restrictions in carryons..

Archived