just got off the serenade and heard a rumor

hi just got off the sereande what a nice ships,cruise director ricky was top noch.i will post cruise compass and pic this week,know the rumor is that serenade will be going to cape liberty in december 2012 doing a 9 to 12 nights caribbean cruises

hi just got off the sereande what a nice ships,cruise director ricky was top noch.i will post cruise compass and pic this week,know the rumor is that serenade will be going to cape liberty in december 2012 doing a 9 to 12 nights caribbean cruises

Must be the same source that placed one of the Freedom class in Bayonne in late '12.:p

The fact that RCCL may re-arrange from time to time the ships it runs out of its established ports isn't really an exciting rumor, in my opinion.

Is this in addition to, or in lieu of, the Explorer that is already there?

I don't think they would pull the Explorer (which nearly always sails full), in favor of a smaller ship, or in favor of a ship with less exciting facilities.

Just like the Liberty got to Barcelona this season, after years of Barcelona sailing Voyager Class ships, I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty or a Freedom Class ship eventually got sent to New Jersey, but I don't think RCCL would pull a Voyager Class ship in favor of the Serenade.

Just my unfounded opinion.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

The fact that RCCL may re-arrange from time to time the ships it runs out of its established ports isn't really an exciting rumor, in my opinion.

Is this in addition to, or in lieu of, the Explorer that is already there?

I don't think they would pull the Explorer (which nearly always sails full), in favor of a smaller ship, or in favor of a ship with less exciting facilities.

Just like the Liberty got to Barcelona this season, after years of Barcelona sailing Voyager Class ships, I wouldn't be surprised if Liberty or a Freedom Class ship eventually got sent to New Jersey, but I don't think RCCL would pull a Voyager Class ship in favor of the Serenade.

Just my unfounded opinion.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

explorer is staying in bayonne until 2013

I thought Serenade was staying over in Europe to do the itineraries that Brilliance did as Brilliance will be berthed in San Juan doing similar itineraries that Serenade did.

I think you are right, but why spoil a good "rumor" by citing facts.:D

I thought Serenade was staying over in Europe to do the itineraries that Brilliance did as Brilliance will be berthed in San Juan doing similar itineraries that Serenade did.

What is the point of switching two Radiance class ships and having them do each other's itineraries? I'm not saying it isn't the case but I don't see the sense in it.

Another ship in Bayonne is exciting. Too bad Silhouette is only there during the winter.

A more exciting rumor would be if Serenade (or any other ship) was returning to San Juan for Southern Caribbean cruises during the SUMMER of 2012 and beyond.

To give people a change in ships.

exactly...one problem with going on the same ship more than once is that the shows are all the same. Swapping ships would provide different shows.

exactly...one problem with going on the same ship more than once is that the shows are all the same. Swapping ships would provide different shows.

After sailing Adventure 3 years in a row, and seeing the same shows three years in a row, we decided to sail Independence. Guess what shows got moved to the Indy?

To give people a change in ships.

Switching two ships in the same class often times provides no change other than a name and some decorations. Oh yeah, the people who had Serenade and its shower doors will get Brilliance and its shower curtains.

... the rumor is that serenade will be going to cape liberty in december 2012 doing a 9 to 12 nights caribbean cruises

Geographically incorrect! The rumour is that Serenade is going to Dubai in Dec 12 to take over the route from Brilliance. $10 on who is correct?!;)

I would love to see the cruise compass & pictures, since we are schedule to be on the Serenade in December and have never cruise on the Serenade before. Do you by chance have any of their menus? :)

Maybe Voyager will do the Dubai itineraries because in the 2012 season she will switch to Asia, according to Cruise News Daily. ;)

She can't be because in winter 2012 she will be in Australia. That is exactly the same time when RCI sends a ship to Dubai.

Archived