Considering Epic, concierge info please!

Liztoybiz

Hello all,

My last NCL cruise was on the wonderful SS Norway ( few years ago :-) but the Epic looks intriguing and I was wondering at which level stateroom do you have access to a concierge lounge? Or does NCL have them on their ships? And what are the differences between mini-suites and regular ones, besides size? Just trying to see if it's worth the extra $ for us to upgrade from the balcony rooms.

I appreciate any and all comments. Sailing on Oasis in a week and am trying to convince DH to sail on Epic this fall to check out some of the European ports!

Thanks so much,

Liz in Kingwood

Mini-suites are not suites and do not have suite access to suite amenities like a butler, concierge, and access to The Epic Club, Epic Grill, private pool courtyard, and Posh. Mini-suites are just balcony rooms stretched by 7-8 feet and with a much larger shower (with some having a bath tub)

Hope that answers your questions

As sdmike noted, the mini-suites are more realistically deluxe balcony cabins- you get extra space, but no perks. The minimum cabin you can book to enjoy the suite perks is one of the aft or courtyard penthouses or a spa suite.

If it's within your budget, the suite amenities are great. The Courtyard is a quiet place to relax and the Epic Club is a great dining venue. Butler and concierge service is included and what they can make happen is pretty broad.

Thanks KandJ and sdmike. This is helpful.

I was stunned to get an offer from Harrahs to sail on Epic from Barcelona, like others have mentioned on this board. But what totally blew me away was my dh's insistence that I go and take our daughter as an early graduation present. So now I'm deciding on airfare (ick!), and looking at sailing on July 31 of this year. You have to understand, I've been planning the Oasis cruise for 7 months so I really love the planning stage. I know I have lots of company on this board :-)

So factor in Europe, with a 17 yr. old, and only a month to plan it, plus I haven't sailed on NCL in forever and feel like I know nothing about it...ok, taking a breath.

So my plan is to start reading the boards, making my lists, finding my "One Day Italian" CD, and asking lots of questions...

If anyone would like to offer any advice, I'd love to have some! lol

We might upgrade to a mini suite from the free balcony, but I think the next level up is $1000 upgrade, so I think we'll be sticking with the mini.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Liz in Kingwood

There's not much reason to upgrade to a mini with just 2 people. I'd spend the extra money on specialty restaurants and on excursions

Keep in mind that the beds in an Epic balcony only separate 5 inches or so. Not a lot of separation, but since it's your daughter it's likely not a big deal. The alternative is one of you sleep in the couch, which is a bit firm for my liking (although you can get an eggcrate pad for it)

lol Mike, that was one question she asked me. Would our beds have to be together?

I sleep with a white noise machine the entire family makes fun of...

Good feedback about the mini-suite. I think the upgrade would only be about $100 though so I thought it might be worth it for that...

Appreciate the help!

Liz

Please be kind if I'm wrong but my understanding is that on the Epic only the cabins on decks 16 and 17 have the suite perks which does not include the Spa Suites; the perk for those is private access to the Spa.

How exciting to do a last minute (almost anyway) cruise. We only booked ours about a month ago and I think we are last minute and we go in August!;)

Regards

Emma

All spa suites (not spa balconies), penthouse suites, villas and owners suites have suite perks including concierge, butler and access to the courtyard and Epic Club (although not all these suites are villas on the courtyard)

Most are on 16-17, but there are spa suites on 14 I believe

Here's info on the spa suites

http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/spa-staterooms/

Archived