Caribbean Princess/San Juan question

cruzegirl

There is a free trolley in Old San Juan that takes you up to the Fortress-you can get off anytime/anywhere.-walk around and see the shops

If you're at the Pan Am pier, that's not helpful....I doubt anyone would even try to walk it. You have to take a taxi and those buggers will try to rip you off every time! We paid $10 to go from the pier to town, and then we were quoted everything from $15 to over $20 to get back to the ship! Taxis are supposed to be regulated so print off the price list (it's in "zones") before you get there!!

There is a free trolley in Old San Juan that takes you up to the Fortress-you can get off anytime/anywhere.-walk around and see the shops

I must admit that when we were there we never once saw the free trolly -- well -- we did see one that was packed full of people. I would not count on being able to use it as reliable transportation.

I must admit that when we were there we never once saw the free trolly -- well -- we did see one that was packed full of people. I would not count on being able to use it as reliable transportation.

There are trolleys constantly circulating & there's never a problem getting one except as you said they are filled most times.

If you're at the Pan Am pier, that's not helpful....I doubt anyone would even try to walk it. You have to take a taxi and those buggers will try to rip you off every time! We paid $10 to go from the pier to town, and then we were quoted everything from $15 to over $20 to get back to the ship! Taxis are supposed to be regulated so print off the price list (it's in "zones") before you get there!!

You can walk from the Pan Am pier but it'll take probably 30 minutes to get to old San Juan shopping area. The problem is that you have to walk through some of the highest crime neighborhoods in Old San Juan to do it. There's also a public bus they'll take you into town but there schedule is unpredictable & unless you have a lot of time it might take a while.

Archived