Another car seat and water taxi question ...

JMB22

We are looking into taking our 2 year old son on the RCCL Freedom of the Seas, to CocoCay, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. The last time we went to these ports, we didn't have a toddler, so I don't remember much about our transportation.

CocoCay ... We can just take the tender boat to the island and hang out all day, correct?

St. Maarten ... We can just walk off the ship to a beach, correct?

St. Thomas ... Can we just take a water taxi to a local beach? What beach? I would like to avoid a taxi so we don't need to bother with a car seat.

Thank you so much! :)

Yes...tender to Coco Cay...stay as long as you like.

Both St. Maarten and St. Thomas are docked...you just walk off and on at will! I don't know about beaches within walking distance from the port....a guidebook will help you with that. St. Thomas has some "open-air" taxis (sort of like buses) where a carseat wouldn't be needed....

St Thomas does have "open air" taxis but I would go into heart failure if a child was riding on one of these things. We found a taxi, installed our car seats and off we went to Coki Beach and Coral World.

In St. Maartin there was a water taxi (about 5 min ride) to town where we walked around. We had a great time at That Yoda Guy's Star Wars museum, and Del Sol making all the shirts change colour ;)

St Maarten you dock and walk off, but you must take a water taxi to get to the actual island itself. There are no seat belts on this large ferry boat so you must hold your child in your lap. We have done it many times with our young kids and never had a problem. Right where the ferry drops you off is a beach. There is nothing except a few shops and the water taxi stand at the dock.

St Thomas you dock on the island but you would need a taxi to the beach. Its about 15-20min away

Archived