Equinox?

RCKM43

Has anything been going on with the Equinox like noro? Family is on now and saying that there are no books in the library and that they are serving at the buffet which they have only done on their prior cruises (they sail several times a year on celebrity) when noro was present on the prior cruise.

I didn't see any mentions on here so I thought I would ask.

I was on the May 16th sailing, ending on May 27th, it seems that towards the end people were getting sick, but with colds not noro. On the roll call a number of people wrote that they or their spouse or both were sick with colds.

Stan:cool:

Has anything been going on with the Equinox like noro? Family is on now and saying that there are no books in the library and that they are serving at the buffet which they have only done on their prior cruises (they sail several times a year on celebrity) when noro was present on the prior cruise.

I didn't see any mentions on here so I thought I would ask.

Nothing on our cruise in April!!!

I just had friends/clients return from the may 27 sailing. He was quaranteed for four days with not much medical attention for a GI illness. He's heading to the doctor today, I'll post what his issue is. Wife and son shared the cabin with him and did not get sick. They heard and saw others ill as well.

We were on the May 27th sailing and were told (via a letter in our stateroom) that there were reported cases of Noro on board. We also heard about it since of our excursions were smaller groups because people were sick. Towards the end of the cruise nothing was self service (even the salt & pepper shakers in the MDR were removed) - not even the beverage machines.

Our kids just returned from the May 27th EQ, they said it was definitely a sick ship... half way through the week no self service, & the bars closed early every night for a scrub down.

Luckily, neither of them fell ill, & they had a fantastic time.

Could be some of the e-coli problem showing up. I tend to think that the cruise food is safe, but in reality, the food served on European cruises is supplied by European food vendors.

Noro - yes - e-coli - no. They food that has been the problem is the fresh uncooked variety. Ships are not serving German bought fresh veggies.

Hi

I was on the 27th sailing and there was definately an outbreak of norovirus.

We were lucky not to suffer but someone told me over 2% of the passengers had it. Our friends had the ship transport back to the airport and told us that they even had a seperate bus for the sick people!

How long does it usually take for noro to clear up and go away? I'm on the July 8th sailing... do we think it will be gone by then??? (Fingers crossed!!)

I hope so, as well. Hope to see lots of healthy cruisemates onboard!

I too was on the 5/27 Equinox sailing and did not get sick. A letter concerning norovirus was distributed on, I believe, June 3rd or 4th. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Blu, but had lunch in the Oceanview Cafe most days, which I know was self-serve up through lunch on Sat, June 4th. On Sunday we had lunch in the bistro, but I heard later that evening there was no self-service in the Oceanview Cafe. As we were going to breakfast before leaving the ship on 6/6, I noticed a yellow bag outside our neighbor's door, which meant the room needed special cleaning.

I too was on the 5/27 Equinox sailing and did not get sick. A letter concerning norovirus was distributed on, I believe, June 3rd or 4th. We ate breakfast and dinner in the Blu, but had lunch in the Oceanview Cafe most days, which I know was self-serve up through lunch on Sat, June 4th. On Sunday we had lunch in the bistro, but I heard later that evening there was no self-service in the Oceanview Cafe. As we were going to breakfast before leaving the ship on 6/6, I noticed a yellow bag outside our neighbor's door, which meant the room needed special cleaning.

Cruise lines can't afford to have a reputation for a "sick ship" as it'd kill their business so it's good to see sensible measures being taken to a) limit the spread; b) minimise the impact on the rest of the passengers; and eradicate any residual trace of it.

It's certainly not a pleasant illness and especially when travelling and confined to a hotel room or cabin.

Archived