snorkle park fee?

bermuda lover

Hi there,

I just read somewhere on this site that snorkle park is now charging $5 pp for admission into the swim area. Is this true and if so, what does the admission include. I have been to snorkle park many times and I can not see them charging $5 pp to get in. Any information would be great. Thanks

Lisa:)

There are two sites you might find informative

Thewestend.bm - all about the dockyard

Snorkleparkbeach.com - about the park

I do think there is a charge now and they also charge for chair rentals etc.

They were charging $5 just to enter the premises when we were in Bermuda a few weeks ago. They wouldn't even let my wife take a quick look inside without paying the fee.

And for $6 you can take a cab to Horseshoe Bay.

And for $6 you can take a cab to Horseshoe Bay.

Or you can take the bus for $4. Of course you also have to pay cab or bus fare to get back to Dockyard from Horseshoe Bay. ;)

By the way, I wasn't saying my wife paid the $5. When they wouldn't even let her look around without paying the admission fee she left.

Hi BDALover,

Not to denigrate any local attractions, but Snorkel Park has just one thing going for it - proximity to the ships.

In EVERY other respect, even the tiniest, most disregarded south shore beach is WAY better and much more beautiful.

In my opinion, spend your money on getting to a REAL beach.

(Now I'm going to get in trouble from the West End people...).

As it happens, next time I'm out at Dockyard, I intend to check out the tiny beach on Ireland Island, to see if it's any good and within walking distance.

I'll report back later.

Have Fun!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to snorkel, IF... the water is clear, ( it can get very clouded at times )

IF.... the water is calm, ( it can get rough depending on sea state and wind direction ) then pay the $5 bucks. Because you will see some really nice coral and fish. IF you are going to the beach for any other reason--- SAVE your money, and have the bus or a taxi take you to Warwick Long Bay, Church Bay or Horseshoe. And I don't care if the Westend people get upset over my comments or not. I have been going to Bermuda every year for over 25 years now, and if the Bermuda government has allowed the operators of Snorkelpark to charge a fee just to access the beach next to the fort, thats an outright crime against the very tourists that help support their economy. If they want to charge for beach chairs--ok, beach gear--ok, umbrella's--no problem, but charge $ 5 just to get access to the beach---what a ripoff, and by the way, its the only way ( other than by boat ) to get access to this area of coral. Heading to Bermuda in two weeks, but if Snorkel park is charging fees, you won't see me there.

If you want to snorkel, IF... the water is clear, ( it can get very clouded at times )

IF.... the water is calm, ( it can get rough depending on sea state and wind direction ) then pay the $5 bucks. Because you will see some really nice coral and fish. IF you are going to the beach for any other reason--- SAVE your money, and have the bus or a taxi take you to Warwick Long Bay, Church Bay or Horseshoe. And I don't care if the Westend people get upset over my comments or not. I have been going to Bermuda every year for over 25 years now, and if the Bermuda government has allowed the operators of Snorkelpark to charge a fee just to access the beach next to the fort, thats an outright crime against the very tourists that help support their economy. If they want to charge for beach chairs--ok, beach gear--ok, umbrella's--no problem, but charge $ 5 just to get access to the beach---what a ripoff, and by the way, its the only way ( other than by boat ) to get access to this area of coral. Heading to Bermuda in two weeks, but if Snorkel park is charging fees, you won't see me there.

Totally agree. We just got back on Sunday and we asked just to look in and they let us. I definitely wouldn't pay $5 each and that was the charge they were charging people.

We were very happy to pay the $11 for each umbrella and chair at Horseshoe but would certainly not have paid $5 entry to Snorkel Park.

Angela

Archived