Attn recent trivia players - tell me it isn't so?

Froufie

We were on the Magic at the beginning of May and you won a ship on a stick for any straight up win. The medals were for second place. The champagne was in addition to a ship on a stick for every member of the winning super trivia team. (One bottle for the whole team) We didn't have room for all our ships in our luggage, so we gave all but one back at the end of the cruise, but would have gladly traded them in for more champagne.

On the Dream in 2009 they tried giving away pictures of the entertainment staff (autographed) as "prizes" instead of SOAS.:mad:

I was so disappointed and complained until I got one. I recently got one on the Magic along with a bottle of champagne for my birthday. YAY. That is two that I have now and I am a happy girl.

In spite of the snarky remarks that you had to "earn" them, the CD gave one to a lady because he liked her hair in the showroom. Go figure.

I will still enter trivia, but I don't like the medals.:(

So I am reading a recent Legend review and come upon this little tidbit:

ARE THEY CRAZY? This is not an 'upgrade' - this just sucks! One of my fun vacation 'goals' is to come home with a coveted ship on a stick and yes I proudly display my collection in my office at work (and of course now everyone expects me to come back with one!;)).

The pressure is on til I win one - but now it seems I have to win THREE 'games' in order to get one ship on a stick??? I am not impressed!

Can any recent cruisers confirm or deny this new 'upgrade' program?

Any information greatly appreciated!

We cruised on the Carnival Valor last month and attended most trivias. We won our fair share, and there were ships and often medals for second place at every trivia.

So I am reading a recent Legend review and come upon this little tidbit:

ARE THEY CRAZY? This is not an 'upgrade' - this just sucks! One of my fun vacation 'goals' is to come home with a coveted ship on a stick and yes I proudly display my collection in my office at work (and of course now everyone expects me to come back with one!;)).

The pressure is on til I win one - but now it seems I have to win THREE 'games' in order to get one ship on a stick??? I am not impressed!

Can any recent cruisers confirm or deny this new 'upgrade' program?

Any information greatly appreciated!

I think it just depends on the CD and his staff.

On our Freedom cruise a couple of years ago, they were doing, win a medallion for a game.

Trade two in for a ship on the stick.

On our next two cruises they were giving out a ship on a stick for each win.

Then we sailed on the Fascination, less than two months after our previous Fascination cruise and they had gone from a ship on a stick for each win, to a medallion for any win. With no offer to trade up.

I think it just depends on how many SOAS they have on hand and how each CD and his staff like to give out the prizes.

Bill

We were on the Legend in March. The Legend is the only ship in the fleet to do that as Weezy, the ACD, came up with it.

I don't like it, but we got 24 ships on a stick on the Legend. That brings our total up to 77 ships on a stick :)

Fascination 12/10-BFF and DH and I entered the Scavenger hunt as a team. One ship on a stick, but when she explained to the host that we were not all the same family, he gave DH and I one too. BFF then went on to win another ship on a stick, bean bag toss, beat the boys she did LOL, and then she entered the drawing version of charades(forgot the name) and all members of her team won a medal, and then she won something else as a team member and she won another medal. I have to admit, I would display the medal as proudly as I do our SOAS (it's on the wall in the hall), heck I would even wear it to work around my neck like a royal necklace....LOL!

From John just now...

Just confirmed with wee Jimmy. They had a week with very few trophies on board but are now fully stocked. The ships remain a prize fleetwide and that is the end of that rumour. Cheers

So, as everyone suspected it was a one time thing.

Now, this is just me venting but some folks just don't get the facts on a cruise and come here and claim what they've heard to be fact. I know that they really don't have any method of checking but, man, these darn rumors start quick. This one was over on John's Face Splat thing. Glad it's resolved...

I agree with you! The ship on the stick is the most coveted of all! In fact, on 3 cruises we've won 4 bottles of champagne, 2 medals, and only one prized ship on a stick, which is on display in our guest room. I never even drink the champagne.

FWIW, we just got off the Pride last month and they were still giving ship on a stick at a lot of events, like trivia and the 60-second challenge. Someone we met on the ship won a medal, and I won yet another bottle of champagne destined to remain forever unopened.

I throw mine away or give them to some kid....lol

From John just now...

Just confirmed with wee Jimmy. They had a week with very few trophies on board but are now fully stocked. The ships remain a prize fleetwide and that is the end of that rumour. Cheers

Now, this is just me venting but some folks just don't get the facts on a cruise and come here and claim what they've heard to be fact. I know that they really don't have any method of checking but, man, these darn rumors start quick. This one was over on John's Face Splat thing. Glad it's resolved...

Thanks thanks thanks Host Mach for looking into this and confirming it was a 'freak' event - need to make sure the Legend is well stocked for my November cruise as is the Liberty in January since I do intend to add to my collection! :D:D

From John just now...

So are you saying that the person who posted the recent Legend review didn't "get the facts on a cruise"? I've had a Cruise Director flat out B.S. me in what appeared to be a way to get me out of their hair, then later on in the cruise apologize for the bad info. It neither ruined my cruise nor impacted my future cruising choices, but I don't dismiss out of hand what that reviewer stated.

I just got off the Miracle yesterday. I won 4 sports trivia games, and won 4 ships on a stick. I wa snot offered an upgrade to a bottle of Champagne. i wouldnt have accepted it either. I gave the 1st 3 to my 7 y/o daughter and I gave the 4th to a little kid who was playing and answered a couple questions right. Love the SOS!

What? changing the rules! It’s the reason I cruise

To dis enfranchise my hard won ship on a stick… oh the humanity

I would ask for a full refund … :p

And a dollar amount for pain and suffering....!

Any ship without SOS should be required to have free drinks the entire cruise for eveeryone.

For those who missed my post on this topic yesterday here it is again...

From John just now...

Archived