CruiseTour Double Denali (#18 southbound)

debdiva

We're already starting to work out our excursions for our September cruise in Alaska. It is our first cruise and something of a bucket list thing for us. At any rate, we really want to do the Husky Homestead Tour, but would prefer to do it earlier in the day. However, I cannot tell from the itinerary when we get back from our AM Tundra Wilderness Tour. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this CruiseTour and can clarify for me.

We are just starting this tour today. I couldn't find much info before. I will let you know what happens as we go. Great check in at hotel today. Every thing was ready for us. Walked all over downtown Fairbanks today. Met the tour director, Stephanie. She had great suggestions for us. Tommorow is full day of gold panning, stern wheeler, Alaskan salmon bake and palace theater.

We're already starting to work out our excursions for our September cruise in Alaska. It is our first cruise and something of a bucket list thing for us. At any rate, we really want to do the Husky Homestead Tour, but would prefer to do it earlier in the day. However, I cannot tell from the itinerary when we get back from our AM Tundra Wilderness Tour. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this CruiseTour and can clarify for me.

I didn't do cruisetour #18, but the Tundra Wilderness Tour is an 8 hour tour. So if you have that scheduled in the AM, you won't be back to do a morning tour of Husky Homestead.

We left the lodge at 2:30 pm, after hotel pick-ups, we entered Denali at about 3:00 pm. We were back at our lodge at 11:30 pm. So when they say it is an 8 hour tour, that's what it means.

We did the Husky Homestead Tour the next morning at 8:30 am and just made it back to the lodge at 11:30 am for our bus to the rail station. Jeff and Donna King's Husky Homestead was the highlight of the trip for me. Enjoy!

I did Cruise/Tour 18 Southbound in August 2009. We did the Wilderness Tour leaving about 8 AM, and didn't return to the Lodge until late afternoon. I would figure 6 to 8 hours for the Wilderness Tour depending on how much you stop for animals and such.

Archived