Getting from the port of Seattle to SEA TAC

Tampa Bay Irish

My family of 4 will be sailing soon on the Carnival Spirit roundtrip from Seattle to Alaska. When the cruise is over, what will be my least expensive way to get from Carnival's cruise terminal to the airport? I wont have time for a tour. I just need to get 4 people to the airport. Taxi? Shuttle?

Which pier ? I think Carnival is at Pier 91. The cheapest way is Light Rail. It's not the most convenient and will be a pain if you've overpacked. Take a taxi from the pier to Westlake Center in downtown Seattle (8-10 minutes, $15) then take the Light Rail to the airport (40 minutes $2.75 pp).

Most convenient is taxi or towncar. There are 2 companies contracted the airport; their phone numbers are in the Port's web site. http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/ground/taxi.shtml

Or look in the West Coast Departures forum to find recommendations from past travelers.

I just got back from this cruise on May 31st. Carnival offers a transfer service, but they charge $27 per person. We used Seattle Express (seattleexpress.com). Their fee was $12 per person. If you have any specific questions, the owner Matt responds back pretty quickly to email inquiries. We had no trouble with them at all.

Enjoy your trip-we sure did:)

We used Shuttle Express last year from the airport to Pier 91 for our family of 4 and we were charged $38. I don't know how old your kids are but 12 and under are free and adults are $18 per person. Here is the link to their cruise transfers:

http://shuttleexpress.com/seatac-airport/cruise-transfers/default

It looks like they also have some other discounts. Have a great cruise!

I am not sure the cost, but will tell you my experience while waiting for our son to pick us up at Pier 66. (different pier from yours I realize)

the people we were waiting with were waiting for the shuttle.

My son had to drive 45 minutes from home to pick us up.

He beat the shuttle. They were still all waiting when we left.

A cab might be quicker LOL

My family of 4 will be sailing soon on the Carnival Spirit roundtrip from Seattle to Alaska. When the cruise is over, what will be my least expensive way to get from Carnival's cruise terminal to the airport? I wont have time for a tour. I just need to get 4 people to the airport. Taxi? Shuttle?

We came back on Spirit on June 7 -- we did Seattle Express for $33 for 2 people. We did reservation & prepaid. Nice, clean & efficient. No hassles. Can also pay them at pier. I would do a pre-paid reservation.

--Colleen

FYI -- Carnival docks at Pier 91

Archived