HAL Wine Pacakage/Mariner Level

gregdude

We are three star mariners and thus are given a 25% reduction in the various wine packages. What is unclear, and my question, does this 25% reduction only apply when you are actually onboard, or does it also apply to whine packages ordered on the HAL web site before sailing? This has probably been asked before, but I have not seen it.

THANKS!

In March on a Rotterdam cruise we purchased a wine online package early and were charged full price. Upon boarding the ship we went to the Front Desk and were cheerfully given the 25% discount as a credit on our account.

RonJoan

If it does apply (and I don't know that; hopefully someone will answer), then I suspect that -- like Pinnacle Grill reservations booked in advance -- you would pre-pay the full charge, then have to request the 25% discount once on-board.

PS - The automatic gratuity is applied to the pre-discount price.

What is unclear, and my question, does this 25% reduction only apply when you are actually onboard, or does it also apply to whine packages ordered on the HAL web site before sailing?
HAL promised many months ago - not long after the new Mariner program started - that they would be changing their system so that the discounts on many on-line purchases could be applied at booking time, but it hasn't happened yet. Pay full price, then get an adjustment on-board.

The first time we booked the PG on-line about a month after the program started, they refused on board to give us the 25% discount, saying it had to have booked on-board. At least they've fixed that nonsense! :)

Archived