My Carnival Glory Photo Review- Norfolk to the Bahamas

Host Faith

What an amazing review and beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all those details.

Also, I am going to have to try that peach drink!! My drink of choice on the last cruise was a Miami Vice, but I may mix it up a bit this go around. :D

What an amazing review and beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for taking the time to post all those details.

Also, I am going to have to try that peach drink!! My drink of choice on the last cruise was a Miami Vice, but I may mix it up a bit this go around. :D

I just love that drink! Don't forget the extra shot of rum- yummy! I'll have to try the Miami Vice next time :)

Great review and photos' Thanks for posting.

Love the pic of Dewey the Beagle!!!!!!

Hey sjcruiser, just noticed where you're from- my husband and I grew up in South Jersey :D. Glad you like the pic of Dewey, that pic sums up his hilarious personality, lol!

I'm still confused--what is that drink at the beginning of the thread? I want one! The orange one with the red at the bottom....

IDK who posted they are going on Oasis, but it is the most amazing ship--easily my favorite out of all my cruises--make sure you go on the zipline!

I'm still confused--what is that drink at the beginning of the thread? I want one! The orange one with the red at the bottom....

IDK who posted they are going on Oasis, but it is the most amazing ship--easily my favorite out of all my cruises--make sure you go on the zipline!

Hi bragstarr! It's called a Kiss on the Lips :)

That's what I thought, what's in it??? Maybe mango...hopefully!

Here's what I found from searching in Google:

Peach schnapps

Frozen mango mix

Pour in a petite cover glass with grenadine at the bottom

I like to add an extra shot of Bacardi once in a while

I always enjoy your reviews and looking at all the pictures. Thanks for doing that. I believe I saw one of those sundresses you ordered online on. Maybe I'll plan ahead and get some for my next trip.

Happy future sailing...

I always enjoy your reviews and looking at all the pictures. Thanks for doing that. I believe I saw one of those sundresses you ordered online on. Maybe I'll plan ahead and get some for my next trip.

Happy future sailing...

Thank you so much! Yes, that was one of the dresses I bought on Ebay. It was really comfortable in all that hot weather. They were ready to wear right out the suitcase, I'll probably get a couple more for our next trip. Happy future sailing to you too!

What a great photo review. Really enjoyed reading and it looks like you all had a great time.

Thank you for reading! We had a really fun time. Mom was just talking about that cruise this weekend :).

Great review, great photos and great advice. Can't wait for your next review:D

Thanks! Can't wait to get back on a ship. We don't have too long of a wait, and I'm looking forward to writing the next review :D

Edited by faith413

I enjoyed some more time on the pool deck with my book (The Heaven Trilogy by Ted Dekker- really great read from an awesome author),

Just finished reading Green, the first of the Circle series book by Ted Dekker! Awesome!! Thanks for the recommendation!

Wonderful review...and as my siggy states I review A LOT of reviews!.

Seriously, you made me want to take this trip, ship and I hope I'd enjoy it as much as you did. Great job bringing us in with you on every aspect of you vac. Thumbs up for you!

[/color][/color][/size][/font]

Just finished reading Green, the first of the Circle series book by Ted Dekker! Awesome!! Thanks for the recommendation!

So glad you're enjoying his books. I'm totally hooked, he's an awesome writer.

Wonderful review...and as my siggy states I review A LOT of reviews!.

Seriously, you made me want to take this trip, ship and I hope I'd enjoy it as much as you did. Great job bringing us in with you on every aspect of you vac. Thumbs up for you!

Haha! Love the signature! Thank you for the compliments. :D

P1010072.JPG

You two look very pretty! Great review...we'll be on the Glory (out of NY to Canada) in August....can't wait. It will be me, DH, our 3 kids and our son's friend. I wanted to do the steakhouse the 1st night because I read that you get a free bottle of wine the 1st night, but we would not want to take the 4 kids and we don't know what we'd do with them while we were in the steak house (they are 12, 12, 14 and 14 and they don't like the kid's clubs. 1 of our DD's name is Raegan, by the way, and we sometimes call her Rae.)

Great review! :D

Might I ask, how did you get to the 'secret' pool?

Sure! If you go into the spa locker room, you will see a door near the bathroom stalls with the label, "Whirlpool." Walk through that door and you will see two doors leading you to the small pool :)

You two look very pretty! Great review...we'll be on the Glory (out of NY to Canada) in August....can't wait. It will be me, DH, our 3 kids and our son's friend. I wanted to do the steakhouse the 1st night because I read that you get a free bottle of wine the 1st night, but we would not want to take the 4 kids and we don't know what we'd do with them while we were in the steak house (they are 12, 12, 14 and 14 and they don't like the kid's clubs. 1 of our DD's name is Raegan, by the way, and we sometimes call her Rae.)

Thank you so much! The steakhouse is wonderful. I think it we did it again, we would book the first night too, for that free bottle of wine. What a coincidence! Her name is Sherrae but we always call her Rae, for short. Enjoy your cruise! :D

I went looking for the secret pool and whirlpool in the spa area. You can see it from the main pool area, near the waterslides, from the outside, but many people don't know how to get there. Thanks to the people at Cruisecritic.com, I found it :)

You have to walk through the spa locker room, and near the bathroom stalls you will see a door labeled, “Whirlpool.” Through that door you will find another door that leads to this pool and whirlpool:

Carnival+Glory+Vacation+May+2011+086.jpg

Carnival+Glory+Vacation+May+2011+089.jpg

Carnival+Glory+Vacation+May+2011+088.jpg

Carnival+Glory+Vacation+May+2011+087.jpg

It’s nice to enjoy on your own. The only thing is the music from the gym area is blaring into the pool area. It’s quiet sometimes. If you don’t notice it by now, I love, love, love my family and friends but also love being on my own sometimes. Must be that ‘only child’ thing ;)

Great review and pictures

I love the Glory...and I too love the hot tub in the gym Shame they removed most of them from the other ships

Great review and pictures

I love the Glory...and I too love the hot tub in the gym Shame they removed most of them from the other ships

Thank you! I wonder why they removed it? Did they fill the space with something else? It's such a nice, quiet spot.