Rum Runners?

wezie

As stated in past posts,,get some water 20 oz water bottles,,fill them with any clear you want,,I put one in my carry bag,,one in my hand,,,a few in our check bags,,,no big deal,,have never been taken. I still buy a few DOD but I will make a few more of my own DOD's.

The scanners can spot liquor so call packing it in your luggage the "liquor lottery".

Sort answer- get a small plastic flask (no metal) fill with liquor, tuck into your waist and walk on with it.

The scanners can spot liquor so call packing it in your luggage the "liquor lottery".

Sort answer- get a small plastic flask (no metal) fill with liquor, tuck into your waist and walk on with it.

A small plastic flask won't last me but an hour or two. :D

You dare call me an idiot when you could not do a simple internet search or read through a few threads?

Maybe he/she is too polite to call you an @$$ for jumping on someone who is using these boards as they are meant to be used.......to ask questions! If you didn't want to provide help you could have just moved on to the next thread without making a comment but no, you felt the need to jump on a poster who asked a simple question.

BTW OP - A rum runner is a small flask usually used to carry alcohol that is forbidden by the cruise line onto the ship. From what I understand (have never used them myself as it is a violation to use them for their intended purposes), if you conceal it on your body you usually get though but I have also heard inspections are getting tougher and more are being found. Order you alcohol through BV (Bon Voyage), order from a bartender, or do as I do and don't drink while onboard. Have a great cruise!!

.....but it takes two to Tango. If I have a cruising question alot of the times I use Google first to see if I can get a quick answer. If I want to delve deeper, I'll come to this board and do a search, and yes I agree wholeheartedly that this search engine stinks alot of the times. If I still can't find my answer I'll put up a new post.

I don't think anyone on this board is against helping people, I'm certainly not, but after seeing 1 million rumrunner threads, 2 million tipping threads and 3 million chair hog threads it gets to be tedious answering the same questions over and over again.

If you are searching for something and don't get a hit what you are looking for, try another search with different words. At that point if you still don't get the results you want then post a new thread and ask the question.

As much as aruh5268d was dripping with sarcasm when posting his reply, he gave the OP some useful information and never once called anybody any names. Yet people who quoted arush5268d surely called him names.

I think the big problem in this world is truly the Internet. As useful as it is it lets people hide behind there remarks and say what they want without consequence. And on a side note, texting is the root of the problem with how people interact with other people. Pressing buttons and reading the message does not always get the point across to the person, one person reads it as sarcastic, the other person reads it as helpful.

Anyway, here's a link to rumrunnerflasks.

And as an extra added bonus, here is a link to The Beerbelly and The Wine Rack products too.

Can't we all just get along?

:confused:

wasiii

While i agree that the GOOGLE search engine is a wonderful tool.

Nothing is better than hearing it from an experienced person who has actually done something or used something, that one is searching information about.

I booked my first cruise ever in febuary, for travel this july. Believe me i almost burned my google search..lol

I joined Cruise critic this weekend and i have to say, i learned more in these past few days than all those months of searching, by the few questions i asked or by reading the threads. Well if not learned more, lets say i feel much more confident as my first cruise approaches

As stated in past posts,,get some water 20 oz water bottles,,fill them with any clear you want,,I put one in my carry bag,,one in my hand,,,a few in our check bags,,,no big deal,,have never been taken. I still buy a few DOD but I will make a few more of my own DOD's.

You must not have cruised in a while and never out of Galveston or Miami. They shake every bottle, esepcially water bottles with broken seals and if it's in your hand they won't let it through. Since all water/soda/et.al. is now required to be brought on board via carry-on, your checked bag method is subject ot search and confiscation. Most likely will lose it if the seals are broken or liquor not in original container discovered.

But please come back and let us know if you're successful in Sept.

I hear they check all water bottles now??

.....but it takes two to Tango. If I have a cruising question alot of the times I use Google first to see if I can get a quick answer. If I want to delve deeper, I'll come to this board and do a search, and yes I agree wholeheartedly that this search engine stinks alot of the times. If I still can't find my answer I'll put up a new post.

I don't think anyone on this board is against helping people, I'm certainly not, but after seeing 1 million rumrunner threads, 2 million tipping threads and 3 million chair hog threads it gets to be tedious answering the same questions over and over again.

If you are searching for something and don't get a hit what you are looking for, try another search with different words. At that point if you still don't get the results you want then post a new thread and ask the question.

As much as aruh5268d was dripping with sarcasm when posting his reply, he gave the OP some useful information and never once called anybody any names. Yet people who quoted arush5268d surely called him names.

I think the big problem in this world is truly the Internet. As useful as it is it lets people hide behind there remarks and say what they want without consequence. And on a side note, texting is the root of the problem with how people interact with other people. Pressing buttons and reading the message does not always get the point across to the person, one person reads it as sarcastic, the other person reads it as helpful.

Anyway, here's a link to rumrunnerflasks.

And as an extra added bonus, here is a link to The Beerbelly and The Wine Rack products too.

wasiii

Wait, you left out my PERSONAL favorite the 12million threads on the dress code in the MDR, or as I like to call it, the "Carnival has relaxed the MDR dress code, but I still don't like it and want everyone to dress the way I think they should" threads.

Well we did buy a bottle of vodka through BV dept yesterday.....so we at least know we will have that. :) We tried to get clear liquor back on ship a couple of years ago.....they shook our friends "water" and very politely disposed of it......but some water got on.

Sandi

[quote name='wasiii']I don't think anyone on this board is against helping people, I'm certainly not, but after seeing 1 million rumrunner threads, 2 million tipping threads and 3 million chair hog threads it gets to be tedious answering the same questions over and over again.[/QUOTE]

So don't! There is no requirement to post on every single thread. If the thread is one you seen a lot and don't feel like helping that OP, hit the back button and move on to the next thread that holds interest. But there is no reason to jump all over someone who maybe doesn't know how to use the search button or is Internet savvy, or just isn't sure of who to turn to for help. Just walk away.

[quote name='friedshrimp']So don't! There is no requirement to post on every single thread. If the thread is one you seen a lot and don't feel like helping that OP, hit the back button and move on to the next thread that holds interest. But there is no reason to jump all over someone who maybe doesn't know how to use the search button or is Internet savvy, or just isn't sure of who to turn to for help. Just walk away.[/quote]

.....all I did was voice an opinion. And I did help the OP at the end of post and even gave them [B]ADDITIONAL[/B] information.

See, no matter what you do, you'll always find someone who is only happiest when they complain.

wasiii

[quote name='wasiii'].....but it takes two to Tango. If I have a cruising question alot of the times I use Google first to see if I can get a quick answer. If I want to delve deeper, I'll come to this board and do a search, and yes I agree wholeheartedly that this search engine stinks alot of the times. If I still can't find my answer I'll put up a new post.

Anyway, here's a link to [URL="http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/"]rumrunnerflasks[/URL].

And as an extra added bonus, here is a link to [url=http://www.thebeerbelly.com/]The Beerbelly and The Wine Rack[/url] products too.

wasiii[/QUOTE]

If tired of answering, then I say just don't answer or even read in the first place, someone else will most likely. No need to be ugly to people though. As we were taught as children, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all..... Personally, I would not waste my time typing if it wasn't what the OP was looking for, why waste my time being snide and creating drama?????

I enjoyed reading the posts with real answers, even though I never asked about them, was informative to me, which is why I read a lot of the posts. I may not think to ask about them but the questions brought up by others help me sometimes or trigger something I needed to know.

[quote name='wasiii'].....all I did was voice an opinion. And I did help the OP at the end of post and even gave them [B]ADDITIONAL[/B] information.

See, no matter what you do, you'll always find someone who is only happiest when they complain.

wasiii[/QUOTE]

My problem is that you come onto a public board that was designed for people who have questions to be able to ask those questions and then bitch about answering those questions. If someone wants to ask a question for the millionth time, that's their right. You have the right to help them or ignore them, not call them names or bitch at them because your tired of seeing the question. If you're tired of the questions maybe you need a break.

[quote name='friedshrimp']My problem is that you come onto a public board that was designed for people who have questions to be able to ask those questions and then bitch about answering those questions. If someone wants to ask a question for the millionth time, that's their right. You have the right to help them or ignore them, not call them names or bitch at them because your tired of seeing the question. If you're tired of the questions maybe you need a break.[/quote]

.....if you consider it bitching it wasn't my intent. I tried to give some advice on looking for answers to things. And you're completely wrong about the name calling. Please show me where I called someone a name and I'll be glad to apologize for it.

wasiii

Archived