Price Drops, second one in a week!

SoonerOne

I just checked mine this morning and our cruise has gone up $260 :eek:......glad I got my price reductions when I did!:D

SoonerOne looks like you are right under 5 months out, that is the exact same times frame that we received 4 price drops for our upcoming Conquest cruise. We also have $120 total per person. :D Price keeps climbing now. I still check at least once a day but am not expecting any drops plus our catagory is sold out.

This will be our 4th time on the Conquest. We LOVE her!!!

Thank you to the poster who shared the Fare Watcher link!!!!!!!

I booked last night for the Dream in May 2012 & will be making a habit to check the fares daily to see if I can grab some sweeeeet price drops too (Way to go to the cruiser that is getting back over $500 on their cabin - nice!). I knew I had seen the link to that page on CC before, but didn't remember where. SO happy to find that again! Thank you so much!! Happy Cruising!

I booked in January for my August Bahamas cruise. I check multiple times a day, and I've never seen a price drop. However, yesterday was the first time since I booked that the price is the same. The cruise fare is more expensive, but the taxes are less expensive. Too bad I can't get the reduction though. :(

Even though you cant get a reduction, if the taxes stay where they are, you will see an onboard credit when you board.

I have been checking on a daily basis, nothing. are you on an older ship? I don't think mine will go down being a brand new ship :confused:

Nevermind, I noticed that you are cruising during hurricane season on an older ship, probably why the price drops. :(

I got two price reductions in one week on the Magic in November. But nothing on the Glory in September yet. Don't think it has anything to do with being an older ship.

Thank you to the poster who shared the Fare Watcher link!!!!!!!

I booked last night for the Dream in May 2012 & will be making a habit to check the fares daily to see if I can grab some sweeeeet price drops too (Way to go to the cruiser that is getting back over $500 on their cabin - nice!). I knew I had seen the link to that page on CC before, but didn't remember where. SO happy to find that again! Thank you so much!! Happy Cruising!

That would be me and you are quite welcome. I love to share tips on cruising and when I get a good deal, OBC, price reduction etc. I like to share with my fellow cruisers.:)

• 1 month later...
I sent a email to my TA, he filled out the forms and replied back to me with new documents showing the additional OBC

You said sent an email to the TA... But what if I booked online through Carnival, do I just call them up.. Oh and does my cruise have to be totally paided off before I can hit them up for OBC; in the event that the price does drop??

You said sent an email to the TA... But what if I booked online through Carnival, do I just call them up.. Oh and does my cruise have to be totally paided off before I can hit them up for OBC; in the event that the price does drop??

If you booked Early Saver then check this: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/ against the price you paid, then go here: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx and fill out the form.

That's it.

We have friends that convinced us to cruise with them this September on the Dream. They booked 4B inside cabins as funselect last October. We didn't book until March of this year and used Early Saver and booked a 4J cabin and our cruise price was cheaper than theirs. I really was hoping for price drops but the 4J has dropped off the fare viewer. But even still ... their 4B price is still showing as higher than our price.

One couple requested a handicap accessible room. We are all watching to see where their rooms end up since they haven't received their assignment yet.

I still check morning and evening for price drops, at this point I figure we won't have any, but I keep hoping.

We have friends that convinced us to cruise with them this September on the Dream. They booked 4B inside cabins as funselect last October. We didn't book until March of this year and used Early Saver and booked a 4J cabin and our cruise price was cheaper than theirs. I really was hoping for price drops but the 4J has dropped off the fare viewer. But even still ... their 4B price is still showing as higher than our price.

One couple requested a handicap accessible room. We are all watching to see where their rooms end up since they haven't received their assignment yet.

I still check morning and evening for price drops, at this point I figure we won't have any, but I keep hoping.

Any chance that the Ocean View categories are cheaper than your 4J ? May be worth a look and you may be able to upgrade yourself.

For my upcoming Destiny cruise, I got a $30 OBC about 3 weeks out. For my New Year's Cruise I booked 6 month's ago, the prices have only gone up. I booked an OV 6B that is still cheaper than a 4A and about $100pp cheaper than current OV rates.

Archived