Transfer from the San Francisco Airport

CarolnLarry

We are planning on taking a taxi from theairport in SF to the cruise ship pier. Understand they may have a Super Shuttle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also anyone know about the self service laundry on the Regatta? I am not big on doing laundry on a cruise but we will be on the ship for 21 days and there is no way I can take enough clothes for that long. How much does the ship laundry cost. Do you leave a bag with your steward? Any responses will help.

...anyone know about the self service laundry on the Regatta? I am not big on doing laundry on a cruise but we will be on the ship for 21 days and there is no way I can take enough clothes for that long. How much does the ship laundry cost. Do you leave a bag with your steward? Any responses will help.

You're mixing up two different services there.

There is a Laundry Service on each ship where you give a bag full of dirties to the steward and it comes back clean and folded (even pressed if you desire), but for that you pay by the item:

003607.jpg

The Self Service Laundry is just like a Laundromat at home. You buy tokens at the front desk, it's something like $2.00 or $2.50 per; and each token is good for a wash or a dry.

The washer dispenses its' own detergent, but you will need to bring dryer strips if you use them.

031309.jpg

We've only ever used the Laundry Service, except for socializing (the Self Service rooms are delightfully convivial). 90% of everything that we have had laundered is back in the cabin on the next day, and the do a really nice job.

Super Thanks for the info. What I was looking for was if Oceania had the bag full of laundry for like $20-25 like some of the other cruise lines we have been on have ie; HAL, Princess, and Norweign. Good info on the self help laundry, thanks, Larry:p

Super Thanks for the info. What I was looking for was if Oceania had the bag full of laundry for like $20-25 like some of the other cruise lines we have been on have ie; HAL, Princess, and Norweign. Good info on the self help laundry, thanks, Larry:p

No bag rates on Oceania!

We were on the May 12 Regatta sailing from SF and used Supershuttle for the first time. Very pleased with the service. The entire van was headed for the pier. You will be dropped off on the street, but the porters are there to take care of your bags. We weren't so lucky on the airport return trip during rush hour at 5pm. There were 3 more pickups scheduled, plus one where the van was stopped by a policeman who asked if there was room for one more. Seems the limo she was in collided with a bicyclist. It took more than an hour on the return trip, more than we'd bargained for. Still, we had plenty of time, and noted that the taxi would have been in heavy traffic, too.

We used the guest launderette once and it was fine, though the stacked dryer is difficult for those of us who are vertically challenged.

Archived