Hotels in Venice - have you stayed here?

Lynniepoo

Hi, DH and I are on a 12 day cruise that ends in Venice and we are staying one extra night before flying home.

We were planning on booking a hotel through Princess, but they require a 2 night stay so we are on our own!

Wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these hotels and if so, how are they?

Hotel Ca' Dogaressa Venice

Hotel Al Duca di Venezia

Thanks!!! :D

We stayed at Ca' Dogaressa and absolutely loved it! It was run by a wonderful gentleman and his son who greeted us, when we arrived hot and tired, with cold water and kindness. The breakfast was served canalside and was wonderful. We loved the location - off the main area so it was quiet, but close enough to all transportation to be very convenient. We would, absolutely, stay there again.

View from our room, the proprietors, and room pictures are below:

Hi, DH and I are on a 12 day cruise that ends in Venice and we are staying one extra night before flying home.

We were planning on booking a hotel through Princess, but they require a 2 night stay so we are on our own!

Wondering if anyone has stayed at either of these hotels and if so, how are they?

Hotel C

Ca' Dogaressa Venice

Hotel Al Duca di Venezia

Thanks!!! :D

IMG_1272.jpg.34d611a8d7f523ea61111fc00919f6b2.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg.d83db10b1acdf93d8079765b9b75b86b.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg.bbbb57ae880fd6def69aa6b579b66a86.jpg

2087302476_paolo-and-daniele1.jpg.99a583667811e9c4e80841e1bd91ef76.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg.ac26c780fbffb877ab7596b0a0de3742.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg.7675997c5c171b90af5dc239fe4e3957.jpg

We stayed at Ca' Dogaressa and absolutely loved it! It was run by a wonderful gentleman and his son who greeted us, when we arrived hot and tired, with cold water and kindness. The breakfast was served canalside and was wonderful. We loved the location - off the main area so it was quiet, but close enough to all transportation to be very convenient. We would, absolutely, stay there again.

View from our room, the proprietors, and room pictures are below:

Was it easy to get to the hotel from the airport, and from the hotel to the cruiseport?

Was it easy to get to the hotel from the airport, and from the hotel to the cruiseport?

Yep, really easy airport access. This was my trip advisor review:

Ca Dogaressa was such a great hotel. It is located on a quieter canal - Canareggio -which still has great access to public transportation. The proprietors, Paolo and his family, are so friendly, they make you feel like family. We stayed in room #1 with a view of the canal - awesome. If you go, take the allilaguna line from the airport (12 euro per person) and get off at the Guglie stop and just walk about half a block (no bridges!). The breakfast on the canal is great. The air conditioning is great - which was very important during the heatwave. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Venice!

To get to the cruise port, we just took the vaporetto to Piazzale Roma and took the free shuttle bus. These were the directions:

Piazzale Roma (it's at the top of the Grand Canal). At Piazzale Roma, exit the platform and walk straight ahead into the bus area/parking lot. There is a free shuttle bus that takes the cruise ship passengers from the plaza to the port of Venice. The free shuttle bus is located in the back of the parking lot (opposite the water bus platform) on the far left-hand side. The shuttle bus will have a "Port of Venice" sign and/or a sign with the logos of the cruise ship companies leaving port that day in its front window. The shuttle bus will arrive every 10-15 minutes, so if there is not a bus there, just start the cue near the sidewalk in the back of the parking lot

This was in July 2007 so I would be sure to check with your cruise line to see if this is still the same. Anyway, Venice is my all-time favorite sail-in sail-out. It is just spectacular - enjoy!

Have not stayed at either one that you asked about but can highly recommend both Hotel Alponte Mocenigo and La Conda le Corte. We stayed for 3 nites pre cruise last month at the first one and our friends stayed at the second one. Both spacious rooms, great service and delicious breakfasts ;)

Archived