St Georges Ferry update

Host Caroline

I think that's the return trip of its run from Dockyard to St. George made at 10:45 (?) am . Yes, it's not on the schedule...the run was added after all the early season complaints about the ferry service cuts. It was announced in the newspaper as I recall. The only ferries listed on the Orange Line schedule are the much faster Sea Express catamarans.

Ok I'm not understanding how to read this whole schedule. I'm interested in the ferry to & from St. Georges orange route mon - Fri. Am I reading this right that theres only 3 leving from dockyard to St. Georges, 10, 11:45 & 5:30? Also coming back from St. Georges to dockyard 10:45, 12:30, 3:45 & 6:15

Ok I'm not understanding how to read this whole schedule. I'm interested in the ferry to & from St. Georges orange route mon - Fri. Am I reading this right that theres only 3 leving from dockyard to St. Georges, 10, 11:45 & 5:30? Also coming back from St. Georges to dockyard 10:45, 12:30, 3:45 & 6:15

The ferry schedule you have listed is correct except that they have added a ferry (the larger "tender" Bermudian) FROM St Georges to Hamilton at 2:45 on Wed., Thurs and Friday only. It leaves from Pinno Wharf which is not where "express ferry" docks.. it's at other end of harbor near Somers Wharf but stores etc. can help you find if you get confused.

Also not tolerating "line breaking" and place holding for long lines for 10:00 ferry from Dockyard (yeah!)... guy who runs that line for the ferry co. gets rave reviews from those of us who want to "do the right thing" but not from the people holding places for 8 or something like that.. he pulls them all out and sends to back of line if he sees it.. they use Bermudian as "back up" tender for 10:00 run so everyone in line will go..

The ferry schedule you have listed is correct except that they have added a ferry (the larger "tender" Bermudian) FROM St Georges to Hamilton at 2:45 on Wed., Thurs and Friday only. It leaves from Pinno Wharf which is not where "express ferry" docks.. it's at other end of harbor near Somers Wharf but stores etc. can help you find if you get confused.

Also not tolerating "line breaking" and place holding for long lines for 10:00 ferry from Dockyard (yeah!)... guy who runs that line for the ferry co. gets rave reviews from those of us who want to "do the right thing" but not from the people holding places for 8 or something like that.. he pulls them all out and sends to back of line if he sees it.. they use Bermudian as "back up" tender for 10:00 run so everyone in line will go..

Everyone in your party must be in line with you and wait the whole time. The guy who is in charge and his helper are very alert! They will take handicapped individuals ( and family) to a special waiting place and send them on the ferry first. Just ask for that privilege. It does run very smoothly and everyone gets on the ferries.

Archived