Enough time to disembark from Galveston and get to Houston Hobby Airport?

I am looking into taking a cruise out of Galveston on the Mariner of the Seas and was wondering if there is enough time to get from the port at Galveston to the Houston Hobby Airport.

The flights that I am looking at that leave Houston Hobby Airport is in the late afternoon...probably around 4pm. For those that have sailed into and out of Galveston, Texas....barring any major delay ( that cannot be avoided ) while expecting a somewhat normaldisembarking process....is it reasonable to assume that I'd be able to get off the ship and get to the airport by 2:30pm?

I recall from my other cruising experiences that we were usually off the boat by noon-ish..maybe even 1pm. From my understanding, Houston Hobby is roughly 30 minutes away from Galveston. I'm wondering if I'd be cutting it really close if I were to look at a 4pm Departure time from the airport.

Any thoughts and experiences from those that have had to catch a flight out of Houston Hobby after returning to Galveston Texas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking into taking a cruise out of Galveston on the Mariner of the Seas and was wondering if there is enough time to get from the port at Galveston to the Houston Hobby Airport.

The flights that I am looking at that leave Houston Hobby Airport is in the late afternoon...probably around 4pm. For those that have sailed into and out of Galveston, Texas....barring any major delay ( that cannot be avoided ) while expecting a somewhat normaldisembarking process....is it reasonable to assume that I'd be able to get off the ship and get to the airport by 2:30pm?

I recall from my other cruising experiences that we were usually off the boat by noon-ish..maybe even 1pm. From my understanding, Houston Hobby is roughly 30 minutes away from Galveston. I'm wondering if I'd be cutting it really close if I were to look at a 4pm Departure time from the airport.

Any thoughts and experiences from those that have had to catch a flight out of Houston Hobby after returning to Galveston Texas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Normally, you can be off the ship by 9am. I'd budget at least 45 minutes for the trip to Hobby. So you should have lots of cushion to make a 4pm flight.

We had a 5pm flight last year from Hobby, and had enough time to rent a car and go to Johnson Space Center for a couple of hours.

One note of caution - Galveston has fog from time to time, and this can delay the ships coming into port. So I would not change the flight to much earlier.

We always just sign up onboard for the ships transfers to Hobby airport or Bush International.

I know it cost more but, it is very dependable.

We have never gotten to IAH later than 10:30 AM anytime...

I would expect the coaches to Hobby get there about 10:00 AM.

At any rate, you should have no problem.

Once we rented a SUV limo to IAH.

It cost alot more... :rolleyes:

Archived