How Long Does RCL Take to Answer an Email?

I sent an email just last week regarding entertainment for an upcoming cruise and received my response in 8 days.

If it is not "important" information, the system works.

If it were me and was regarding a credit, I would call my TA or RCL.

JMHO

A

I too have sent an e.mail to their information desk -sent on march 12th-

It is nothing of great importance but just some information that I am looking for, As yet no reply or even an acknowledgement that they have recieved my enquiry.

My thoughts are - Why advise us to e.mail their information desk for info if they have no intention of responding to it.

Will RCL please take it onboard (pardon the pun) that we are the guys paying the bucks to the company and IMHO they should be doing their best to please the customers.

Glad I'm not alone though in getting no reply.

I think it depends on the department you send it to. I usually have questions about excursions and find I get an answer back in 1-2 days.

That's because excursions make money for them. I finally got a response to my Saturday email today! It said --- wait until May for an answer.

I sent RCL an email last Saturday regarding credit for a past cruise (it was our fifth). It's now six days later and still no response. Is this typical? Can I even expect a response?

If it's something even slightly important, call them. They are very good on the phone.

I've tried emailing them about four or five things over the last two years. Some emails were never answered. Others I gave up on anf then got answers about a month or two later (literally).

I've said it before and I'll say it again. RCL has nice ships, good service on phone or in person, but they cannot get their electronic life squared away. Their website is terrible, inadaquate and mostly broken, e-mails go unanswered... etc

I emailed RCCL from their website months ago, and asked if I could bring my 2-way radios aboard. I never have gotten an answer. Since then, I've read numerous threads and posts about 2-way radios here at CC. I'm going to bring them, but make sure to use them politely!:) ...and quietly!:)

Amanda in Boise

I emailed RCCL from their website months ago, and asked if I could bring my 2-way radios aboard. I never have gotten an answer. Since then, I've read numerous threads and posts about 2-way radios here at CC. I'm going to bring them, but make sure to use them politely!:) ...and quietly!:)

I've used them successfully on VOS. Make sure you get two-ways with lots of channels AND subchannels. THere are a lot of other cruisers using them. Takes a day or two to find a subchannel free :) Also, get ones with the longest range you can afford. The range given is in open space. You get a lot less range through bulkheads. I've got very good ones and they only go about 1/2 way through VOS (did tests last trip:) )

jim

I've been called lately from RCCL and they said I requested information about a cruise. I said, I was surfing the cruises but never asked to be called. This has happened before, too. I'm somewhat computer savy therefore I know I didnt't request information. I find this interesting to say the least. Here you guys can't even get a response for real questions....:confused:

Mine are Motorola, with lots of channels and sub-channels, not sure of the range. They were about $70 at Costco for the pair. We've used them with much success in Las Vegas (around the hotel).

Amanda in Boise

I sent three emails the same day: one about a dietary concer, one inquirng about entertainment on the ship and one asking for a mixer for gay and lesbian passengers. I heard back on the dietary one immediately. I heard back on the entertainment one in about two or three weeks and am still waiting on an answer to the last question.

I've posted 2 questions to the RCCL site this year. Both took 1-3 weeks to answer. The first one was to the C & A desk. The current C & A contest stated you had to write an essay about a picture you submitted that had to be 75 words or less, but when you went to submit the essay, the text box said you only had 50 words. I didn't want to be disqualified, so I sent an email for clarification. It took over a week to get a reply.

The second question was regarding gifts onboard that can be purchased ahead of time and delivered to the cabin. The item I want is not on the options, so I sent a message asking about it. It took almost 3 weeks to get a response. But in all cases, I've gotten a response eventually.

40,000 pax's cruising everyday on Rccl not counting the # of ta's and others thinking about booking so anybody have a guess of how many emails they get everyday? I bet it is thousands.

Thosands seems a bit extreme but the fact is, if they do have 40K passengers a day, they should staff a customer service department to cope with those requests.

Hi folks, just recieved a reply to my e.mail sent on March 12th to RCCL, I had asked for a copy of their wine list and also their policy on soft/non alcoholic drinks as to whether lemonade etc were free.

Happy enough with their response although not as full an answer as I had hoped.

Oh well just have to wait and find out for ourselves onboard.

Sorry Folks ..... forgot to add that they did NOT mention soda cards or wine packages, is this in hope that we will just go ahead and pay for things individually and thereby pay more for our drinks.

I also had asked if they have alcohol-free wine on board, DH just does not like alcohol, I still await and answer to this question.

Oh well Ce la Vie.

Happy sailings ......