What beach for non-swimmers?

sk84fungirl

We are headed to St. Thomas in September via Carnival. We are going to book a tour and trying to decide which beach will be best for us. None of are strong swimmers and are interested in parasailing, jet skis, and snorkeling maybe in shallow water?

Coki or Sapphire beach?

I'm sorry to come across rudely, but are you out of your minds?

You are "Not strong swimmers" but want to ride Jet Skis?

What, exactly, do you plan to do when you fall off the jet ski and have trouble catching it and getting back on? If you are not strong swimmers you shouldn't be riding a Jet Ski.

We are headed to St. Thomas in September via Carnival. We are going to book a tour and trying to decide which beach will be best for us. None of are strong swimmers and are interested in parasailing, jet skis, and snorkeling maybe in shallow water?

Coki or Sapphire beach?

Pretty sure you can do that just about anywhere... ;)

Jet skis only operate in deep, deep water, para sailing you swim (in deep water) to the boat that will launch you. Sounds like snorkeling will be what you do. You need to be a strong swimmer to jet ski as already mentioned. Remember this is not a pool, this is an ocean:)

B.

I'm sorry to come across rudely, but are you out of your minds?

You are "Not strong swimmers" but want to ride Jet Skis?

What, exactly, do you plan to do when you fall off the jet ski and have trouble catching it and getting back on? If you are not strong swimmers you shouldn't be riding a Jet Ski.

Nope, not out of my mind and have jet ski'd before.

Does anyone else have feedback regarding my initial question? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Jet skis only operate in deep' date=' deep water, para sailing you swim (in deep water) to the boat that will launch you. Sounds like snorkeling will be what you do. You need to be a strong swimmer to jet ski as already mentioned. Remember this is not a pool, this is an ocean:)

B.[/quote']

Thanks, again...does anyone have any insight into which of the two beaches?

Coki or Sapphire beach?

To be clear...

we are interested in snorkeling in shallow water. We understand the "mechanics" of the other two and realize that they do not take place in shallow water.

You can do snorkeling in pretty shallow water at Sapphire Beach. The coral comes all the way up to the edge of the water in places. You can be in less than 5' water and be way out from the beach. It's excellent. Or you can even be just in the sandy part (right next to the coral) and have fish swimming up to you.

It's a beautiful beach with grape trees for shade and iguanas walking around the beach. I believe we seen people on jet skis and such. But I'm not 100% sure where they got them from. We just know we didn't want to leave the place.

Here are some pictures from there:

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/5th-day-St-Thomas/13875332_BZdcm#1017703050_nhpoV

You can do snorkeling in pretty shallow water at Sapphire Beach. The coral comes all the way up to the edge of the water in places. You can be in less than 5' water and be way out from the beach. It's excellent. Or you can even be just in the sandy part (right next to the coral) and have fish swimming up to you.

It's a beautiful beach with grape trees for shade and iguanas walking around the beach. I believe we seen people on jet skis and such. But I'm not 100% sure where they got them from. We just know we didn't want to leave the place.

Here are some pictures from there:

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/5th-day-St-Thomas/13875332_BZdcm#1017703050_nhpoV

Awesome! Thanks

Archived