What are the Best Beaches to go to for the day with kids! and why?

mresend

D0 you happen to know what a taxi would cost? How long does it take to get there? I've been to Bermuda 3 times, and for my next trip in September I would like to try something different. Are there restroom failities and would it be easy to get a taxi back to the ship?

I read that a lot of damage was done to Shelly Bay beach by storms this past winter and that at least some of the facilities were no longer open.

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000e.htm

Visitors' Reviews/Comments

Stephen (July 2012)

Unfortunately the cafe at shelly bay beach is now closed and you can no longer use the restrooms. With a hungry little one, we were not able to stay very long. Too bad because would have a perfect spot to spend the whole day!

We just got back from Bermuda and we went to Shelly Bay Beach with my two small children ( 2 1/2 and 6 years old) and I was sadly disappointed. The beach was small and dirty. There were no concessions at all and the bathroom (if you want to call it that) was DISGUSTING! I would not recommend this beach to anyone (although, the playground was nice!)

I would stick with HSB and go to the small area on your right (after coming down from the concession stand) it is great for kids (although very crowded when we got there at 11:00 am)

We just got off the Star and we were a large group of 14 with children ages 7,8, & 11. We went to tobacco bay via the ferry and a short taxi ride. The second day we went to Shelly Bay via the ferry to Hamilton and the #11 bus next to city hall. The third day we took a taxi from the ship to horseshoe bay. We were very happy with all the beaches. As we were there during holiday we brought packaged snacks with us as we knew in advance that snack bars might not be open. The ice cream truck made a stop at shelly bay and that made our gang very happy!

Archived