Leaving out of Galveston... need advice...

mamieof3

Thanks so much for all the responses! This is just the info i needed. I prefer to not spend $250+ on a room for one night especially when my friend stays at LaQuinta on seawall for her winter cruises and never even spends $100. Low season matters i guess. And Thats a lot of margaritas! Lol! I especially appreciate the suggestions for surrounding towns and hotels. Very excited! Happy cruising!

If I was not going to stay in Galveston (which I would not if I had to pay $200+) then I would stay near Kemah & the Boardwalk. Like to go there for supper at Landry's and watch boats come & go from the dock area. It is a fun place to visit.:) Check it out at the link posted above. NASA also has a large complex and is interesting to visit. You will still be able to get to Galveston early enough in the morning to get you bearings and see some of Galveston.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites Clear Lake/Nasa. It is rated as 4.8 out of 5. $89 + tax= $102.35. Free breakfast. Check it out.

Also if anyone in your party is a disabled veteran you can park for free at The Port of Galveston parking lot. They will need proof like a Veteran's ID card stating their disability rating, DD-214, or the easy way---DAV license plates.

Do you know if the veteran has to be 100% disabled to qualify for free parking?

Do you know if the veteran has to be 100% disabled to qualify for free parking?

Their site at http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=92 states the following:

Disabled Vets & Purple Heart Recipients

Free parking will be offered upon arrival to applicable persons with a picture ID and valid documentation from the U.S. government stating that they are a disabled military veteran or Purple Heart recipient. Acceptable forms of proof are:

Identification must be presented at the time of arrival. No refunds will be issued after the fact.

If you have other questions about their discount, I suggest you contact them directly at (409) 766-6100 or (281) 286-2484 ext. 409 for current information.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Their site at http://www.portofgalveston.com/index.aspx?NID=92 states the following:

Disabled Vets & Purple Heart Recipients

Free parking will be offered upon arrival to applicable persons with a picture ID and valid documentation from the U.S. government stating that they are a disabled military veteran or Purple Heart recipient. Acceptable forms of proof are:

Identification must be presented at the time of arrival. No refunds will be issued after the fact.

If you have other questions about their discount' date=' I suggest you contact them directly at (409) 766-6100 or (281) 286-2484 ext. 409 for current information.

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

We recently went in person to the Quality Inn & Suites on Seawall Blvd to check it out - our group is staying there before our Halloween cruise. The hotel is very nice, with a room lobby and standard-size rooms, all recently updated. All rooms having balconies that face the beach, and they also offer free parking for cruisers (no shuttle) and free breakfast. The parking lot is large and seems well-lit - it's also not right on the street. The rates are unbelievably low for the location - the online rate, last time I checked, was $59/night. Our group got a rate of less than $51.00! Hope this helps...

Archived