Attention: Administrator/Manager - Ship Roll Call Boards

SPJOY

We are aware that there are individual roll call boards for each ship, i.e. Insignia. We don't see how new members would learn about the roll call boards.

It would be very helpful if the existence of these boards was a permanent part of the Oceania Cruises page and also if a link to these boards were provided. (we didn't find this information on the page).

We have to go through an Insignia search to a June 1 posting to get to the roll call page. Is there another way?

SPJOY

We are aware that there are individual roll call boards for each ship, i.e. Insignia. We don't see how new members would learn about the roll call boards.

It would be very helpful if the existence of these boards was a permanent part of the Oceania Cruises page and also if a link to these boards were provided. (we didn't find this information on the page).

We have to go through an Insignia search to a June 1 posting to get to the roll call page. Is there another way?

SPJOY

There is only one sticky on the Oceania forum and it is for members to find their roll calls.

Eyes up!

SPJOY

From the main forum page you can also scroll down to ROLL CALLS then Oceania cruises

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

or maybe just new glasses:D

I agree there is a sticky with the link already but some people do not READ them

Lyn

LHT's information is, of course, correct.

It seems to me that anyone calling up CC and looking for a roll call would naturally go to the Roll Call forum and click on Oceania Roll Calls. Oceania is as clearly marked there as every other cruise line.

Bill

LHT's information is, of course, correct.

It seems to me that anyone calling up CC and looking for a roll call would naturally go to the Roll Call forum and click on Oceania Roll Calls. Oceania is as clearly marked there as every other cruise line.

Bill

What seems natural to one person may not seem natural to another, particularly when one of the people is entering unfamiliar territory (i.e, a new-to-them website). When I was new here, I discovered a number of things through trial-and-error that now seem quite obvious to me as a regular user. Some of them probably should have been obvious to me even when I was a new user, but they weren't.

As no one else has taken the time to say so:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, SPJOY!

I'm not a regular on the Oceania boards, but I read them fairly frequently. There are many fine, well-informed and helpful people here, including those who responded above.

It always seems odd to me that it is a two step process to reach the rollcall from the Oceania forum site. Click on the sticky to find out that there is an Oceania roll call and then you have to click again to get to the site that has the roll calls for the individual ships.

Why can't we click on the sticky and go right to the site?

hint: once you find your roll call, go to thread tools, subscribe, add subscription. Now you have a subscription to that thread. Click on quick links and subscribed threads and there you are without too much hassle.;)

I just click on the USER CP (top left) then any threads I have posted in ( with new posts) or subscribed to will show up

There are short cuts you just need to find them

You can always bookmark the link to the Roll Calls for Oceania

LYN

Don't see the overriding problem

1. Log in,

2. Scroll down to Roll Calls,

3. Click on your cruise line of choice,

4. Click on your ship of choice, if necessary

5. Voila, you're there.

Am I missing something or is the above too hard. Maybe LauraS could email those who want to view what has changed since the last time they accessed the roll call.:rolleyes:

What seems natural to one person may not seem natural to another, particularly when one of the people is entering unfamiliar territory (i.e, a new-to-them website). When I was new here, I discovered a number of things through trial-and-error that now seem quite obvious to me as a regular user. Some of them probably should have been obvious to me even when I was a new user, but they weren't.

As no one else has taken the time to say so:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, SPJOY!

I'm not a regular on the Oceania boards, but I read them fairly frequently. There are many fine, well-informed and helpful people here, including those who responded above.

We appreciate your comments - very well stated. That was our situation and I am sure it applies to other new members.

Thanks also for the ideas we received from other members.

Not bring experienced web surfers, we have been stumbling around for some time and have been lost several times. Some of the terminology is also a challenge,

A magician's trick can be baffling until you know the answer.

Archived