Juneau excursion for kids?

TRAVELISMYTHING

This isn't a either its more a question of what do "you" want to do more.

IMHO both will be enjoyed by any child. The other thing to remember is that the whale / glacier ( I am assuming Mendenhall ) is an almost guranteed excursion where you WILL see whales, eagles and other things and the process will be fun.

The helicopter will have the novelty of the helicopter, beautiful views of which they probably won't appreciate. The novelty and fun of the dog sledding ( very quick ). But most important this is one excursion that can and is often canceled. Make sure if this happens you have backup plans.

I for one chose to do whale in Juneau and slot the dogsledding/helicopter in Skagway.

I am cruising on Celebrity Infinity in August with a 9-year-old boy and 7-year-old girl. They are not very adventurous - so long hikes/kayaking are out. Would you recommend the whale watching/glacier excursion or dog sledding excursion? Thanks in advance!

Just did the Infinity with 12 and 8 year olds. In Juneau we took the bus to the Mendhenhall glacier and walked around, then took a Helicopter ride onto the Herbert Glacier. Both kids loved the helicopter experience. One thing that they wished we did was to go whale watching so either excursion would be good for them.

You may be better off, involving the kids with this decision. They are old enough to make the choice. You are talking about hundreds of dollars, and no one here knowing your kids.

All of your list are excellent excursions to consider, and enjoyed by many. And you may be surprised, kayaking is fun and the kids may very well enjoy it. I took my non interested nephew (yep- I made him go) kayaking around Manhatten last summer, and now, according to him, it's a must do- top choice, for our trip again this year. :)

Archived